Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megamur

The Cyberdemon

TheMightyHeracross said:

So basically, you want an HD version of the old Cyberdemon. :/

Yes more or less. I do realize they would have to make him from the ground up.... but maybe they could add it as a variant of the Cyberdemon to please the increasingly disgruntled fanbase.... including me. =P

I mean look I don't have a problem with the design, it's cool, it just isn't Doom.

It's more like Starcraft. Not even Diablo's demons remotely resemble the Cybie from 2016.

Diablo's demons IMHO look even more Doomlike than the Cybie 2016.

So yes, in short I do want an HD Cyberdemon. ^^

Piper Maru said:

I sincerely doubt they're going to change the Cyberdemon design just to please Doomworld.

Well they changed the colours from being dull to vibrant to please Doomworld, so I still have hope. Maybe they'll add in a Cyberdemon variant as opposed to changing the design.

Like the 2016 Cybie is the one on Mars and Phobos. The one on Deimos is an HD version of the original Cyberdemon; the one in Hell is an HD version of the Doom 64 Cyberdemon. =D

I always thought the Doom 64 cybie, while a bit dull looking, was pretty ferocious, and had a far superior death animation than the original.

LittleBurger said:

Would a HD version of the old Cyberdemon fit with the aesthetics of Doom 4?

Probably not...the old cybie fits with the whole fleshy muscly bare skin hell theme going on with the old doom while the new doom fits more of bulky armored skin parts with fleshy vulnerable parts under the armored carapace. A full 3d rendition of the old cybie would feel "naked" and unprotected....hmm...actually a naked and unprotected cyberdemon standing against hell's worst enemy and actually prove to be more of a challenge than what the doomslayer expected....that sounds bad ass....

MrDope said:

He looks ok when he's not hunched, and even better in action. The only thing that bothers me is the color scheme, he looks like a gargoyle in some screenshots.

Arent you the Alpha leak guy earlier before?

well after seeing that video, i feel a bit sad
1) The initial head cock like if it has some mind of a city bird.
2) The "roar"
Hopefully, theyll be changed in the final product.

but the footsteps create a very nice thud.

Voros said:

Arent you the Alpha leak guy earlier before?

I'm his evil doppelganger from a parallel dimension :3

GoatLord said:

I always thought the Doom 64 cybie, while a bit dull looking, was pretty ferocious, and had a far superior death animation than the original.

Agreed. I thought the Doom 64 cybie was the best incarnation to be honest. And the death animation is SO much superior it's not even funny.

MrDope said:

He looks ok when he's not hunched, and even better in action. The only thing that bothers me is the color scheme, he looks like a gargoyle in some screenshots.

Oh, he only hunches when he looks at you? I feel stupid now...of course a 50 ft demon would hunch when he looks at you..

MrDope said:

I like him a lot more now.

MrDope said:

I sort of find his skin very rocky looking in spots (assuming that isn't some armor plating or exoskeleton that looks rock like).

His serenity when he first notices you is actually slightly intimidating, almost as if, with that subtle head tilt, he's debating whether or not you're actually worth his time. The roar that follows is really sad, though. The way he reels back and then leans forwards lead me to expect an earrapingly loud Godzilla-level bellow, but instead we got something better suited to an idle sound.

It was on the alpha, so I'm fairly confident that was just incomplete.

You know there's 2 kinds of CyberDemon, right?
I'd say more, but *spoilers*.

BloodReyvyn said:

It was on the alpha, so I'm fairly confident that was just incomplete.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but there's really no way to know for sure what actually is and isn't incomplete at this point.

Yeah, but the Cyberdemon at E3 roared and it was much more of a bellowing, angry roar. It could have been replaced or something, we'll have to see.

Personally, I don't mind the new "Cyber-Demon" look, but to see something closer to the original, just watch the Teaser Trailer. I think there's going to be one Classic-Style CyberDemon and it's going to be a mini-boss or something.

Piper Maru said:

Moose can be very dangerous to humans, chubby or not they can ruin your day when they get up in your face.

:)

I'm really starting to dig the new cybie. here's hoping he's hard as shit to fight in the open.

really, really wished he would take off that volcanic rock shit off his body, battle armor or not, though.

Almonds said:

I'm really starting to dig the new cybie. here's hoping he's hard as shit to fight in the open.

really, really wished he would take off that volcanic rock shit off his body, battle armor or not, though.

Even if the antlers are reminiscence of moose horns, I think they are rather unique. Have to agree on whatever it is on his skin though, can't really tell if it is armor or if rocks fused to his skin.

Almonds said:

Maybe it comes off as you shoot at it like the armor of the Supersoldiers in The New Order.

DooM_RO said:

Maybe it comes off as you shoot at it like the armor of the Supersoldiers in The New Order.

That would be interesting, popping off in spurts of blood showing muscle or the like that it was previously connected to.

How's about shooting off the torso plate to reveal stomach muscle like in its classical design? Maybe even have a finisher where Doom Guy shoves the BFG into that section and just blasts the thing in half.

MetroidJunkie said:

How's about shooting off the torso plate to reveal stomach muscle like in its classical design? Maybe even have a finisher where Doom Guy shoves the BFG into that section and just blasts the thing in half.

I'm positive I read somewhere that the Cyberdemon has damage states. Maybe it was a dream?