Official Tutorial Request Thread

9 hours ago, Tingsing said:

I would like to see a tutorial on making a large, open area (maybe a "platforming" section) inaccessible to rocket jumping, any ideas I come up with seem to have a work around to shortcut through the level or through a section.

Cover any doorway that the player might rocket jump to with a 1-unit-thick sector with the floor at the ceiling. Make that obstacle disappear when the player gets to the doorway legitimately.

I have used that trick myself. A player rocket jumps to what looks like a door, but it won't open because it isn't a door. Later, when the player uses a switch to raise stairs to the door the fake door goes away too, revealing the real door.

EDIT: I totally forgot that I wrote this post and am not happy with what the excessive demands that I made here... So I'm removing what I originally posted here and apologize for the extreme stupidity the original post contained.

If you didn't see the original post it was just a list of topics my sleep-deprived brain thought should be in the tutorial section, and it was long and unnecessary. I've since learned that the zdoom wiki more or less covered that entire list.

Edited by Skeletonpatch

Posted (edited)