Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamogo

Seeking Co-op Players - New Zealand and Australia

Hi,

I've found myself playing Doom again lately and re-living my childhood through co-op play and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm curious if there are any New Zealand or Australia based players who also enjoy hammering through the official id maps or pulling down a custom WAD or two to try out in co-op.

I also like to make maps and am working on a couple right now (one is 95% done!), with a (loose) motivation for co-op play.

If keen to play some games, please drop me a line here. I have a mate who also plays from time to time, though it would be great to find others in the area who might be keen also. I haven't tried playing anyone beyond our shores (New Zealand, Australia), though I expect the latency might be intolerable.

Cheers,

- Gamogo

Hey mate, good to see more aussies on here

I don't play Doom multiplayer myself but I might consider it. There are a few multiplayer wads waiting to be reviewed that obviously I can't play alone in. But these are primarily deathmatch related. I will keep an eye out on this thread in case you can get more people interested.

I would be interested in joining a game, might not have time this weekend. I live in NZ so playing on a closer server would be much better

Hey man! I live in Australia and am very keen to finally be able to play some proper co-op. None of my mates like Doom and the only mp I've ever played is some deathmatch with some Canadian dudes. I've only ever played multiplayer through Doomseeker/Zandronum so if you're using some other way to play you'll need to teach me how to get everything set up. I'm free basically any day of the week for the next month or so, would prefer to play at around 6pm but I usually get onto the computer at around 2 if I manage to wake up during the day like a normal person would lol. Looking forward to playing with you, cheers!

YO YO!

I have an irc channel - Doomers from a variety of places hang here, but we do have a few Aussies :) Whenever you're in the mood, come to irc.quakenet.org #dmstuff (despite the name being DM stuff, we love co-op as well) and I'm sure myself or someone else will be keen. I'm always there during morning before work and evenings after work, it would be great to play with such a low ping!

Honestly, especially for co-op, I'm happy with any sourceport. Zandro, Zdaemon, Odamex - I'm easy. I'd love to get more Aus/NZ doomers idling in a central spot where we can all chill and play low-ping games at our leisure, so everyone please feel free to drop by.

Also, Cuppy can tell the future

AwesomeO joined and left right away, nooooo! I was too busy replying to/raging at the stupid Mario Maker thread D:

Seriously folks, don't hesitate to come in and idle for a bit, or better yet, highlight me when you come in so my little alarm will sound. I've got enough energy in me tonight for some coop!

Hey man, I'm in NZ (Auck) and I'm 100% keen to play. I also map sometimes. Once I get home I'll PM you my steam username (assuming you have Steam) and we can play.

I'm Australian but there hasn't seemed to be many Aus based servers on Zandronum at least with active players.

I have no idea if I've done this right or not because this is my first time setting up a server, but go to doomseeker and search "Doomworld". The title of my co-op server is something like AUS/NZ Co-Op or something, if that doesn't work start up Zandronum and in the console connect to the I.P 192.168.1.65:10666. Just felt like tonight would be a good time to play since I spend my Friday nights on Doomworld anyway :/

Come join!

Edit: If my server's not working tell me, also I refuse to take it a step further and try and make the damn thing work lol

Double Edit: The server will be up until maybe 11, so if you want to play come over and play.

In my years of Dooming I've found the best way to get games going is to idle in IRC assuming you don't mind leaving it running. It's hard to organize/schedule games over forums, idling on IRC uses so little resources that it's worth doing so. As soon as you get the urge to Doom / When you get to your computer, just send messages to the others in the channel at at least one or two will reply and be willing to play :)

Otherwise you just end up sitting in a server alone for 20 minutes, get disheartened and leave.. Years of doing this has led me to this conclusion ;)

AwesomeO-789 said:

I have no idea if I've done this right or not because this is my first time setting up a server, but go to doomseeker and search "Doomworld". The title of my co-op server is something like AUS/NZ Co-Op or something, if that doesn't work start up Zandronum and in the console connect to the I.P 192.168.1.65:10666. Just felt like tonight would be a good time to play since I spend my Friday nights on Doomworld anyway :/

Come join!

Edit: If my server's not working tell me, also I refuse to take it a step further and try and make the damn thing work lol

Double Edit: The server will be up until maybe 11, so if you want to play come over and play.

That IP is an internal address. Someone would need to be on your network (eg your wifi) to connect. You will need your external IP (google "whats my ip"). You most likely need to port forward 10666 as well

Cheers the replies lads.

I've added the IRC channel to my list of stuff and fired a couple PMs off via the forums.

Hit me up via PM on here if interested so we can exchange Steam IDs and so on too.