Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elia1995

Bulletholes graphics, where are them ?

Hey there, it's me once again with a new problem for my wad, first things first, monsters with "fireball" attacks will shoot out pigs instead (it's a reference from a video which this wad is entirely inspired) and I don't want the standard Doom black "post-explosion" bullethole, but some splattered blood instead (let's say the same that splatters when you get hit or hit enemies against walls).

I can't find that graphic anywhere, I even browsed through the TEXTURES lump, but nothing, this decal graphic is nowhere to be found and I had no luck finding any tutorial either.

http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/aXwDwSe.png

Elia1995 said:

Hey there, it's me once again with a new problem for my wad, first things first, monsters with "fireball" attacks will shoot out pigs instead (it's a reference from a video which this wad is entirely inspired) and I don't want the standard Doom black "post-explosion" bullethole, but some splattered blood instead (let's say the same that splatters when you get hit or hit enemies against walls).

I can't find that graphic anywhere, I even browsed through the TEXTURES lump, but nothing, this decal graphic is nowhere to be found and I had no luck finding any tutorial either.

http://i.imgur.com/aXwDwSe.png

They are not "standard Doom" things, they are standard ZDoom things.

If you want to redefine them, you'll have to look here.

So, for a brief summary, if I basically just want to replace the "rocket" bullethole decal with the blood splatter one, the DECALDEF lump script what would be ?

The graphic is named scorch1.png and is found in zdoom.pk3 (or gzdoom.pk3, zandronum.pk3, etc.).

Here's how it's defined in DECALDEF:

decal Scorch
{
	pic SCORCH1
	shade "00 00 00"
	x-scale 0.5
	y-scale 0.5
	randomflipx
	randomflipy
}
If you want it to look like a blood splat, you can redefine it like this:
decal Scorch
{
	pic BSPLAT1
	shade "BloodDefault"
	x-scale 0.75
	y-scale 0.75
	randomflipx
	randomflipy
}
You could get better results with a bit more effort, though.

Thanks for the DECALDEF code, I just tried it but it didn't work: upon explosion the "pigs" still leave the SCORCH1 texture on the walls, here's how I set it up in SLADE:

I have to correct myself.

While the previous script has worked fine with ROCKETS from the rocket launcher, however it didn't replace the scorched texture that Imps, Cacodemons and other enemies leave on walls, which was my primary objective.

Spoiler