Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Australians not allowed to buy random Wii U games?

So, I've had a Wii U for ages, and I've been attempting to buy AVGN adventures for literally months now, but it simply isn't for sale. I can see the miiverse posts about it, I can read about it, but it simply does not exist in the store.

Same goes for that shitty cube game, the minecraft clone. I have no intentions of buying it, but I should at least be able to fucking view the thing in the store!

Anyone know what's the deal here? At first I thought it was parental controls but I've looked high and low and can't find anything about parental controls in the system settings. There are quite a few games I just simply cannot buy.

Australia gets the short of the stick with literally everything technology/gaming based, but surely we're allowed to purchase games still? Hopefully it's just some crouching bullshit hidden fuckness and when I find it I can buy the damn game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Australia must have some severe and strict import rules if they are blocking a minecraft clone. i do however love the site http://www.ausgamers.com/ for its easy to browse download list which i frequent to donwload 10 to 11 year old demo's of games i missed (lol). It also looks like a good site for you to find some information (and forum).

Doomkid said:

Australia gets the short of the stick with literally everything technology/gaming based, but surely we're allowed to purchase games still?

Probably not.

I'm not really sure if you'd actually want to purchase those games, anyway. Sounds like a prevention against potential stupidity where you could sink money into a game only to get a message that it's banned in your region when you actually try to play it.

Thanks for that site, FireFish. I'll try asking there.

Arctangent said:

[...] you could sink money into a game only to get a message that it's banned in your region when you actually try to play it.

Really, the only game I want is that AVGN one, I think it looks damn fun. I was worried about this though, I actually managed to get to the "buy" screen on the stupid Minecraft clone but clicking it prompted a "this software is not available" dialogue.. Very frustrating. I could just get the PC/Steam version, but I thought it'd be nice to have more than 2 games to play on the Wii U....

Ah well. If anyone does have any explanation, ?I'd be happy to hear it.

I'd assume it's because Australia wants to be grown-ass adults' mommy by banning games that were meant for grown-ass adults anyways. Like they did with Hotline Miami 2.

Doomkid said:

I actually managed to get to the "buy" screen on the stupid Minecraft clone but clicking it prompted a "this software is not available" dialogue.. Very frustrating.

Cube Life: Island Survival? According to the developers website it's only available in North America and Europe, which looks a bit like a marketing decision.

at least it's not as bad as the Chinese government, they apply censorship as if it was a play thing