Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gonko1

Doom music

Go to the info sections of this very page and let yourself be guided around. There is a really cool version of DTT Blues on Bobby Prince's own mp3.com page.

DOOMWORLD.COM -> CLASSIC DOOM -> GAME INFO/FAQS -> MUSIC

or:

DOOMWORLD.COM -> LINKS -> CLASSIC DOOM -> MUSIC

Hmm...next time I play Doom, I'm going to listen to Das Ich's Egodram over and over again. The music fits pretty damn well.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. The other day, this guy I know put on this song that sounded really cool and he said it was the 'original Doom soundtrack'. I asked him who it was and he said it was a track off of Pink Floyd's first album. Wow...it did sound a Hell of a lot like the Doom music.

Well Bobby Prince did copy a whole bunch of songs, which has only been posted here like 4,000,000 times...

Archvile64 said:

Heh, I'm probably his biggest fan.

What are your favourite tracks by him then?

Mine are Disposition, Dreadnaught and Junkie Smack.

Archvile64 said:

Well Bobby Prince did copy a whole bunch of songs, which has only been posted here like 4,000,000 times...

It doesn't really sound like any song in particular...more like an amalgamation of many of them, especialy the slower ones.

Little Faith said:

What are your favourite tracks by him then?

Mine are Disposition, Dreadnaught and Junkie Smack.

Heh, too many to mention =)

I really like Give In and Land of Able. TechnoDoom is pretty cool...heh, I'm not going to be able to stop once I get into it.

Do you have any of his CDs?

Archvile64 said:

Do you have any of his CDs?

No, but I was thinking of getting a credit card just to be able to order them. Shoot, i'd even order his newest totally un-gaming related cd.

Little Faith said:

No, but I was thinking of getting a credit card just to be able to order them. Shoot, i'd even order his newest totally un-gaming related cd.

I have all 4 of the ones from his mp3 site, and 2 of the MM2 CDs that he did with Tolwyn. They're definitely worth it, and they're not that expensive either.

Shit, since I got mah burner 3 weeks ago, I actually backed up ALL of da doom64, psx, and PC doom mp3's.... except from TNT, on one cd. Ya gots to love cd-r's!
:=)

Gonko1 said:

Anyone know any sites where I can download music from the doom games??

what style of music are you after? you could try searching on google.com, thats usually where i find mine! :)

Klem is awesome, but nothing compares to fredrik's new mp3, quite sensational...

Little Faith said:

Julian also does some decent stuff.

Heh, you have yet to hear his track for my Millennium Map23 ... I think it's his best MIDI so far, although I'm liking the stuff he's done with Reason recently as well.

pritch said:

Klem is awesome, but nothing compares to fredrik's new mp3, quite sensational...

I don't think I could live without his remix of the Flintstones theme either =)

Speaking of Millennium, Lüt, when're you going to release it?
/me gets fidgety waiting for Millennium to release

Doom's music is so funny because so much of it uses the 12-bar-blues system. Wolf3d also used that, probably moreso than Doom. But it's hillarious, because there's this big MIDI metal going on, but it's got the 12 bar blues. But it worked so well for Doom. Of course, the PSOne version had this really ambient scary stuff. It added such a great element of horror and suspense.