Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shadowrider78

what is the strongest metal in doom?

I always pictured the pickups as cardboard props on invisible turntables with motion detectors. And the last thing everyone does in the game is to turn on their invisible turntable with motion detector and hop on it to display their dead body from an ideal angle.

DSMETAL = Doom's Strongest Metal.

joe-ilya said:

All the textures are equally strong and you can't break them.

Not even with a humanic penetration interaction?

The cheeks of a Cyber Demon is in fact the strongest metal of all. You hardly see them shake when a BFG projectile smacks into them.

Springy said:

The cheeks of a Cyber Demon is in fact the strongest metal of all. You hardly see them shake when a BFG projectile smacks into them.

In fact, it's not the physical damage that kills a cyberdemon, but the ensuing orgasm (which can be verified by the ecstatic expression on the cyberdemon's face, when it explodes).

I just now realized, the OP is talking about Dr. Doom! This suddenly makes far more sense....

Well, a little more.

joe-ilya said:

All the textures are equally strong and you can't break them.

Um, Actually...

And..

Playing With Fire said:

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows:

Pocket-protected scientists built a wall made of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond travelling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall made of metal into 400 miles an hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted earths orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles an hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 10000 wayward planes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 10000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall travelling at miles per iron, and the result proved with out a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Um, actually, Dragonforce is the hardest metal known to man. Diamond is a close second, though.

I suspected something like that, just wasn't sure, that's why I kept my post short and straight, to make sure I wouldn't embarrass myself too much if the suspiction was true. I felt a need to post anyway. :/

It's funny how threads in Doomworld have a tendency to take a weird turn.

The Revenant Theories thread is the perfect example.

Well, maybe we misunderstood, and the OP was asking about the most powerful song in the Doom metal genre? Or the most powerful metal tune in Doom's soundtrack?

Zulk-RS said:

It's funny how threads in Doomworld have a tendency to take a weird turn.

The Revenant Theories thread is the perfect example.

This should be merged in the Official Skeleton, Birdman, Boners, and Metal thread.

Fredrik said:

Though in astrophysics, every element other than hydrogen and helium is considered a metal.

Well in heraldry, only gold and silver are considered metals.

Jaxxoon R said:

Anything Greay + White

Anything like cobble? Or gravel? It is "greay + white". It is the weakest metal known the man.

Maes said:

Well, maybe we misunderstood, and the OP was asking about the most powerful song in the Doom metal genre? Or the most powerful metal tune in Doom's soundtrack?

actually most of you guys did misunderstand, what I mean by what is the strongest/metal in the doom universe is literally asking what form metal(like steel titanium,those stuff XP) in the doom universe is the strongest/toughest and if doomguy were to punch one of them,would he end up being able to punch through it or just end up breaking his hand.

shadowrider78 said:

actually most of you guys did misunderstand, what I mean by what is the strongest/metal in the doom universe is literally asking what form metal(like steel titanium,those stuff XP) in the doom universe is the strongest/toughest and if doomguy were to punch one of them,would he end up being able to punch through it or just end up breaking his hand.

It would make more sense if you were actually asking about metal music genres :-/

shadowrider78 said:

would he end up being able to punch through it or just end up breaking his hand.

Neither. In the vanilla Doom universe he can't even punch his way through a sheet of rice paper, if it happens to be on an impassible linedef.

If we're going by lore and not just ripping on Doom for not having destructible walls (Which about 99% of all video games are in the same boat on), it's hard to say since the metals are never actually specified. If I had to guess, I'd probably say the metal casing around the BFG because that thing's like a miniature nuke so whatever reactor or the like is in that thing must be emitting a ton of energy. Really, it's a miracle Doom Guy doesn't die the second he fires it, especially at close range.