Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Exquisite Corpse 2 [community uniwad project]

I would like to claim slot 5 and the final product to be a map revolving on slot 5 being the main courtyard and the numbers 1, 3, 7, 9 to be sandbox buildings, the numbers 2, 4, 6, 8 to be alleyways.

A couple of the buildings will be locked by a key/skull, you'll have to get the 2 keys from either a building or an alleyway, pressing the 2 exit switches in the locked buildings will reveal the exit in one of the alleyways.

Is this idea good? Or do you want a linear adventure with no optional sections?

joe-ilya said:

I would like to claim slot 5 and the final product to be a map revolving on slot 5 being the main courtyard and the numbers 1, 3, 7, 9 to be sandbox buildings, the numbers 2, 4, 6, 8 to be alleyways.

A couple of the buildings will be locked by a key/skull, you'll have to get the 2 keys from either a building or an alleyway, pressing the 2 exit switches in the locked buildings will reveal the exit in one of the alleyways.

Is this idea good? Or do you want a linear adventure with no optional sections?

Do not post in this thread again.

scifista42 said:

So, to sum up this thread so far, there are already 13 people who directly said they wanted to participate, and 3 more ones who said it indirectly or reluctantly. Will the map be 4x4 instead of 3x3?

I reckon any number that can be divided into two roughly equal factors is fine.

Actually, if you don't stick to a square layout then any non-prime number can be done. As long as ( in a / b = c ) c is an integer, you can do a layout with b and c as the dimensions.

For example, with 24 people, these are the possible layouts, assuming 1D layouts are excluded and pairs using the same b and c but for different values show only the lowest height for the sake of forum spacing:

xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Of course, past a certain point organizing such a thing would just be dreadful, so the main point is that it is possible, just ... not very wise.

Nice! I really enjoyed the first one. I would lend a hand but I am a bit caught up with Blasphemer, Mutiny and personal DM and SP projects at the moment. Good luck.

So will this project happen?

Here is a list of people who signed up: (15)

Spoiler

AD_79
Arctangent
ArmouredBlood
Deadwing
Doomkid
Impboy4
joe-ilya
Jonathan
NoneeLlama
Obsidian
Pinchy
rdwpa
scifista42
walter confalonieri
Xaser

Here are those who expressed interest but haven't explicitly said they wanted to really participate: (4)
Spoiler

40oz
Da Werecat
Job
xnv

15 is actually a real good number for this, since it can easily make a square with a single extra person or with a blank slot, which could keep the map from being too rectangular.

scifista42 said:

Here are those who expressed interest but haven't explicitly said they wanted to really participate: (4)

Spoiler

40oz
Da Werecat
Job
xnv

I wanted to get on this, but the number of official sign ups seemed to exceed what Ling had in mind. If there's still room, I'd be interested.

scifista42 said:

Here is a list of people who signed up: (15)

Spoiler

AD_79
Arctangent
ArmouredBlood
Deadwing
Doomkid
Impboy4
joe-ilya
Jonathan
NoneeLlama
Obsidian
Pinchy
rdwpa
scifista42
walter confalonieri
Xaser

I wouldn't bank on Joe-Ilya participating.

Hey, not so fast! Sign me up too! ;) I really would be the part of something like this.

Also,

Linguica said:

[to joe-ilya:] Do not post in this thread again.

You both amazed me and made me laugh. Kudos!

Man I love the idea of this map! Especially the part where the mappers will have little clue as to what came before. Maybe a few mappers should change the theme of the outside of their square just to screw with the next mapper in line ;p

Unfortunately I'm too preocupied with other things to participate in the mapping, but I'll offer myself as a playtester for this bad boy. If anyone wants to send me their little square they can and I'll playtest this this as a whole when it's done.

Looking forward to seeing this Frankenstein come to life!