Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Redneck Rampage help

Just purchased this game collection on GOG. and it's unplayable, can't customize the controls to use wasd basically making me a cripple

the source port erampage is garbage. the textures are misaligned the truck in the first level doesn't kill the chickens. can't push the shelf in the first level to reveal the secret area. using beer activates the hologram of Lenard. using booze to heal you makes you pertinently drunk by screwing up the controls for the rest of the game.

Don't have the game installed right now, but there should be a setup utility you can run to customize controls.

ERampage sounds like it might be good for a laugh, though for the wrong reasons. Word on the GOG forums is that it was intended for the retail CD releases, though there's an older version on Google Code which might be better behaved. There's also a fix for Route 66 on this page.

Are you running it in DOSbox? I never had any trouble setting the controls with the built in setup thingo. I can send you a link to my .EXE and other non-game-data shit if necessary.

Honestly, you're kind of wasting your time. Game isn't that great (I've played the commercial version a plenty). But I have gotten it to run okay through DosBox rather than through the launcher that comes with the GOG purchase.