Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Eediot

WADs Made In Doom Builder 2 Have Missing Sprites In Doomsday!

This is really annoying. I worked hard on my WADs. But when I play them on the Doomsday engine, all the sprites are gone! Including monsters, weapons, ammunition, decorations, everything that isn't a texture! Please help! I've looked all over and couldn't find any way to fix it!

I suppose that, although you say "sprites", you are actually talking about things aka game objects themselves rather than their graphics ("sprites" = their graphics). I suppose your problem is that game objects don't get spawned at all when the game starts, and not that their graphics don't display but the objects are present within the running game as invisible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the meantime, I will just assume the former.

How exactly do you launch your wad? Via "Test Mode" in DB2, via command line, via double-clicking the file that is associated with Doomsday executable, or somehow else?

Your problem sounds like you're playing the game on a so-called "skill 0" (cmd parameter "-skill 0"), which prevents all things from being spawned into the map.

Another possibility is that you didn't flag your things to be present on any difficulty level. You must flag each of them "Easy" if you want it to be present on IDYTD and HNTR difficulties, "Medium" if you want it on HMP, and/or "Hard" if you want it on UV and NM, or combine these flags however you want.

Also, DO NOT flag your things as "Multiplayer", otherwise they will ONLY appear in multiplayer and not in a singleplayer game.

What are these sprites, exactly? Have you tried to use custom monsters/things/weapons etc. or are you only using the vanilla resources?

Have you tried testing your WAD with another port than Doomsday?

I play the WADs on Doomsday. When I first started making WADs, they didn't have this problem. Now none of the objects show up.

scifista42 said:

I suppose that, although you say "sprites", you are actually talking about things aka game objects themselves rather than their graphics ("sprites" = their graphics). I suppose your problem is that game objects don't get spawned at all when the game starts, and not that their graphics don't display but the objects are present within the running game as invisible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the meantime, I will just assume the former.

How exactly do you launch your wad? Via "Test Mode" in DB2, via command line, via double-clicking the file that is associated with Doomsday executable, or somehow else?

Your problem sounds like you're playing the game on a so-called "skill 0" (cmd parameter "-skill 0"), which prevents all things from being spawned into the map.

Another possibility is that you didn't flag your things to be present on any difficulty level. You must flag each of them "Easy" if you want it to be present on IDYTD and HNTR difficulties, "Medium" if you want it on HMP, and/or "Hard" if you want it on UV and NM, or combine these flags however you want.

Also, DO NOT flag your things as "Multiplayer", otherwise they will ONLY appear in multiplayer and not in a singleplayer game.

Oh crap. I did check Muliplayer. Why does that screw it up? Will they still appear if I play a miltiplayer game? Because I was making a few deathmatch WADs.

The "multiplayer" flag should be understood as "multiplayer only" flag. Things without this flag will still appear in MP, but things with this flag won't appear in SP.