Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Doom 2 "in name only" - Russian variation

Fda for MAP10, recorded on prboom+ cl9.
Died before getting in the outer area with the city buildings and the park. I accidentaly picked the berserk pack before which, I wanted to conserve, and later I got caught by a couple of chaingunners while I was on very low health and searching for supplies around. In the starting area on the roof of the closest building there's a hom. Linedefs 5577-5578-5579-6778 bleed into the floor. Also from the room with the RL you can see a quite glaring sky cut-off on the building to the right.
Really cool map, I liked the mechanism of the four doors in the hub though I didn't noticed it immediately. I don't think it's actually possible to spot the secret plasmagun in the duct, the area is really dark itself and you'll have also the rad-suit on.

gaspe

Thanks for the demo and comments, the author needs all of the above are correct. He started to build levels for Doom not so long ago, so such errors are to be expected.

On turn 11 level, its design allows you to create a short road for the player, instead long first. Reviews and criticism will be helpful, enjoyable game.

Spoiler

https://yadi.sk/d/URn5ojlMoD87T

ps: Level 10 enhanced address for downloading the same.

Played MAP11, though I forgot to record a demo :/
Overall all seems allright, just a minor thing but the windows on the balcony to the left of the starting point are missing the bars on the back side. Also the ammo in the areas near the star seems a bit low imo, if you happen to wake up the cacos it's quite a problem.
Looking forward to see the next maps!

With the demo it failed, sorry. The author is always interesting to watch the game on his maps. Sometimes it can even indicate the best options and make it work more efficiently.

Following finished level 14, "the inmost" there is something. Have consistently changing height levels, hiding from the player the way out, along with numerous traps.

Enjoy the game.

screens:

Spoiler

link:
https://yadi.sk/d/eSw_rhedrEkRg

Fda for MAP14, made wit PRBoom+ CL9. The demo is quite long as I died few times. The ammo given felt really low especially on the early stages, but maybe isn't a big deal actually as I played rather bad many times. Also I liked how I had to build up a strategy of what path to choose and when to pick up the items.
I tried to search for a button to lower the blue bars but I didn't find it (I don't know if I missed something), anyway I could press the switch behind them. I had to stop because I got stuck in the room with the secret BFG with no way to come back.

Killing cyberdemon, you have to press again on the switch. Then would be the access and blue bars will work. Well, that played in its conception, there was a significant error. Urgently corrected, megasphere now to get more complicated and a blue switch not to click through the pillars.

The demo was interesting, choice, and action combined perfectly.

Completed a few new levels for this project.

map12 is a huge open area, divided into separate zones. Through which is expected in any sequence. Author Dragon Hunter.

Screens:

Spoiler

Download map 12
https://yadi.sk/d/ba-IOfQ3337DvF

The following plays urban landscapes. The order of play does not require a single line of motion, a workaround is after the first time is replaced by a short. The authorship of mine.
Spoiler

Download map 13-14
https://yadi.sk/d/IRG5fB1k3F7sDY

Looks good. I see a lot of evillair textures by Yves Allaire in this. Did you know that? I keep on seeing Doom mapsets using them but I believe most mappers are unaware of the origins.

Officer D said:

Looks good. I see a lot of evillair textures by Yves Allaire in this. Did you know that? I keep on seeing Doom mapsets using them but I believe most mappers are unaware of the origins.

Textures are taken from different c different collections, they are in free access. In this project there are also some copyright textures. I did them myself.

What can you say about the levels?

Has the WAD been updated since Memfis posted it and available to the public?

I'm really glad you guys are still working on this. I made a demo for map13, I was making a fda but I had some problems with recording, and stopped pretty much at when you can get the red key, so in the demo I knew the map until that point. I wanted to have another attempt and hopefully finish the map, but here I got surprised by a mancubus in the area after the blue key door and my journey ended there. Fantastic level visually, and it's also very complicated with all those passages and the tricks to do the 3d like corridors. I guess that it will be confusing for many people but I like this kind of exploration. I feel like the hell knights before the plasmagun could be removed. It seems that the sector 480 needs to be lowered from more directions, there's a hom if I drop down of the cross shaped hall from north/north-east and go back.

I'll get to finish this map later, and report other stuff if there's something else.

23 hours ago, gaspe said:

I'll get to finish this map later, and report other stuff if there's something else.

Thank you for playing. Expect to continue writing, but the available version of the card has been changed. The platform should now work correctly. Demo recorded on the first version of the map, please put it in the archive along with a continuation of the FDA.

I recorded another attempt for map13, still didn't finished but I reached the last building and I was pretty much close to the exit. The level punishes you a lot with its very strict health and ammo, but I really liked how there are many powerups for the health and the armor. The secrets are easy to find but they seem almost necessary if you want to keep going and you have to be careful to not to waste the armors and the soulspheres, the whole thing is well designed and they force you to be careful of your resources.

I'll see when I can get to play map12 too, it looks like it's going to be a very long map.

17 hours ago, gaspe said:

I recorded another attempt for map13

To view the game need the same version, which was recorded a demo. Otherwise, no way to watch. Since the map was updated, the old version has not survived. If not too much trouble, put the demo files the map of the same name version, please.

With a small temp construction levels of this project, to wait until the map 30, is possible for a long time. I'm busy with a project megawad Voyager, there are a lot of great levels and work on their building lot.

Edited by BeeWen

15 hours ago, gaspe said:

Here's the version of the map that I used to record the last demo.

Thank you very much, the level is almost complete. In the recording he saw the absence of the transfer of the sky in one place. Unfortunate omission.

On 5/16/2018 at 6:52 AM, Salt-Man Z said:

Any updates on this?

There will be an update soon. For now, you need to fill the intermediate slots for continuous play. More difficulty with map 12, due to its catastrophic size.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:36 AM, Marcaek said:

This link no longer works, also wondering what became of this project? @BeeWen

Here's a backup. No one should be missing out on Dragon Hunter maps (seems huge and detailed from loading it up, tho i haven't played this one myself. Savoring it just in case it is a sprawling advenutre like Floating World from Whitemare 2. Don't have enough of those out in the wild).

Snooped around iddqd.ru and found that there's a finished map18 for this project, by joe-ilya and BeeWen. As development seems to have been in a standstill since 2018, I guess it wouldn't hurt to share the publicly available link.

Edit: For the sake of convenience, here's everything released since the 9-map "demo" found in the OP:
MAP10 by SSV_Victorian (finished in 2016) - Link

MAP11 by BeeWen (finished in 2016) - Link

MAP12 by Dragon Hunter (finished in 2016) - Link

MAPs 13 & 14 by BeeWen (released in 2017 & 2016 respectively, modified versions found in Relyctum) - Link

MAP18 by joe-ilya and BeeWen (finished in 2018) - Link above

Edited by Catpho