Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cybdmn

Doom II RPG & Wolfenstein RPG

Doom II RPG and Wolfenstein RPG does not work anymore on the new iPhone 6s. Both apps can be started, but you can not start anything in the menu. The buttons react on touch, but does not start anything.

I guess it has anything to do with the new 3D Touch. On my iPad mini with iOS 9 everything works, and it worked on the iPhone 5s wit iOS 9 too.

Edit: Before anybody is asking, Doom still work. ;-)

cybdmn said:

Doom II RPG and Wolfenstein RPG does not work anymore on the new iPhone 6s. Both apps can be started, but you can not start anything in the menu. The buttons react on touch, but does not start anything.

I guess it has anything to do with the new 3D Touch. On my iPad mini with iOS 9 everything works, and it worked on the iPhone 5s wit iOS 9 too.

Edit: Before anybody is asking, Doom still work. ;-)

I don't use iOS , but i think that is the same with running an old game from windows 95 on windows 10 (which most times won't work...)

This can be the reason.

Maybe i'm wrong . i don't know

Not really. The problem is obviously not iOS 9, on which both games have worked. It is more the new hardware. I think it is the new 3D touch, because the apps are starting, everything react, the buttons are highlighted, when pressed, but nothing happens.

I guess it is more like the mouseproblem in Doom95 on newer windows, which do not support that old vxd drivers.

I can verify that Wolfenstein RPG works on iPhone 5's 9.0.2, though I had to get it from an unofficial source since I couldn't find it on the app-store.