Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Help me out with Randoom.exe here

Well, I downloaded RanDoom off the 3darchives place, and I ran it and it supposedly randomized Doom.wad (it wouldn't support any other wads-not even Doom2!), and I ran ZDoom with the -file parameter: -file randoom.wad. ZDoom gave me an erroneous error: read 0 on 17544 on lump 1755, if my memory serves me correctly. I tried with PrBoom and got the error: no IWAD or PWAD tag on randoom.wad
What's going on here? I would really like to play Doom completely randomized.

No, Doom.wad still exists.
Could someone give me some REAL help, here?

Shorten that signature a little doomboy you frad

The first error means that a lump's directory entry indicates that its longer than it actually is -- the second error means the wad header is malformatted, which could mean its not even getting the right directory offset to begin with. What do both of these mean in conjunction? Your wad is completely corrupted and cannot be saved, except maybe with some very elite hex hacking which nobody here is gonna volunteer to do. You'll have to delete and replace it.

The cause? Probably a bug in randoom.exe that makes it write corrupted wad files. The lesson? Back up your IWAD before you do anything to it, because there *are* a lot of cruddy editing utilities written by people who learned to program from those "Teach Yourself in 21 Days" books. Sorry to bring the bad news :(

Here is some help :

1) Don't use anything that modifies your doom(2).wad UNTIL YOU BACK UP THE DOOM(2).WAD FILE FIRST!

2) Randoom is utter shit, S.L.I.G.E. is safe (but it doesn't randomize the Doom levels :/)

3) If you attempt to use Randoom again and once again complain that it fucked up your doom.wad, everyone here will laugh at you......even more :P

4) Remeber to brush and floss at least twice a day, tip your waitress, never to pet a doggy with a foaming mouth, don't take rides from people you don't know unless they say they know your parents, and that strangers are not bad people, it is good to meet new people and go with them to a secluded area, and strangers always have the best candy if you go with them

5) Never let go of your dreams, look towards the stars and realized the sky is the limit

6) Delete Randoom

7) Fix your doom.wad

8) Play Doom

9) Have fun!