Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tritnew

Is It Possible to Make NRFTL Compatible With GLBoom?

As the title says, I was wondering If It was possible to make NRFTL compatible and working with GLBoom (the engine I've been playing DOOM In recently, been completing the games on It), because I could play It on GZDOOM or any of those source ports that support It, but I don't like how the textures for the fireballs the enemies shoot (Including the Lost Soul), unless there's a way to fix that. Because I don't like how they're faded out.

Though, It'd be Interesting to see NRFTL work on GLBoom. I think the only thing possible would to fix the maps (make the secret level Map 32 and make Map 8 Map 30), I guess I could do It myself but I'm a noob at that stuff.

People who play NRFTL on PrBoom+/GLBoom+ usually change the map slots so that The Earth Base is MAP12, then it follows in sequence, this way Hell Mountain gets to be MAP15 and have a secret exit, March of the Demons is MAP31 and its exit sends back to MAP16 which is now Vivisection. All this means that Tomb of Malevolence becomes MAP19, so you'll miss out on a special "Game Over" sequence but that's not really important, is it?

Gez said:

People who play NRFTL on PrBoom+/GLBoom+ usually change the map slots so that The Earth Base is MAP12, then it follows in sequence, this way Hell Mountain gets to be MAP15 and have a secret exit, March of the Demons is MAP31 and its exit sends back to MAP16 which is now Vivisection. All this means that Tomb of Malevolence becomes MAP19, so you'll miss out on a special "Game Over" sequence but that's not really important, is it?

Thanks for the reply! And yeah, It does make sense to do that. My only wish Is that they'll someday release the WAD standalone on Steam or something (If that can happen), or maybe as a "DLC" of sorts, I prefer standalone. :V I'm not a big fan of the BFG version of It, but yea.

Although, would It make sense to have the switches send you to the levels you're talking about (the switch to The Earth Base or MAP12 sends you to The Pain Labs, which would possibly be the next map, maybe ). Although, would It be possible to take out the first few maps and leave MAP12 and have the switches be MAP17 for The Pain Labs, MAP19 for the third map. I think the most logically sense would make the first 20 maps the expansion or the first few maps of the final levels (MAP20 through 28), It's possible to make a secret switch In one of those maps be one to MAP32, right? Or Is that a modern Source Port thing, I do know PrBoom and GLBoom are customizable after all.

Actually, current PrBoom+ does already have full support for NRFTL and its map traversal. However, you will have to start it with the BFG Edition doom2.wad for this to work.

fabian said:

Actually, current PrBoom+ does already have full support for NRFTL and its map traversal. However, you will have to start it with the BFG Edition doom2.wad for this to work.

Yeah, finally. :V Thanks!