Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

A product of my boredom while pulling a double shift

It took ninety minutes and a lot of actively trying to not let my eyes close.

Here's a little cacodemon!

Good! I would easily believe that you printed the original sprite, put it under your paper to be visible through, outlined it and then filled/shaded/detailed.

PS: Did you? :)

scifista42 said:

Good! I would easily believe that you printed the original sprite, put it under your paper to be visible through, outlined it and then filled/shaded/detailed.

PS: Did you? :)

No sir. All I did was look at the sprite for guidance. No tracing whatsoever, despite what my name suggests. Haha

Thank you very much!

That's talent, you should put a thumb tack and display it alongside some other Doom images. OSHA doesn't have any regulations regarding the number of Cacodemons in the workplace.

TheCupboard said:

That's talent, you should put a thumb tack and display it alongside some other Doom images. OSHA doesn't have any regulations regarding the number of Cacodemons in the workplace.

^Thanks man! I appreciate that!

Also, true. I can't think of anything hazardous about cacodemons in the workplace.

I wonder if anybody would take it down if I made a comic strip called "No cacodemons" that was about a cacodemons who broke policy all the time. I'm just imagining a cacodemon slipping down the stairs, running into shit, sustaining head injuries for not wearing a hard hat...damn, I am actually considering doing this.

For anyone not aware, over in the thread "Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)"... I asked Trace, in a round-about sort of way, if I could ink and color their cacodemon. Trace was cool enough to say yes, and we agreed I'd post a few images here as I progress.

I'm new to doing this sort of thing so let's see how it turns out. /fingers_crossed

Anyway... here is some really basic stuff. Inking and coloring to come some time later... like I said... first time doing this. :)

*Cropped the image; applied perspective correction; made the image blue in prep for inking. (note: reduced in size only for progress shot)

This is actually pretty damn good. I tried to draw a cacodemon once but it ended up looking like a hairy ballsack.

Those progress shots are looking great, man. Rush, that comment was hilarious.

Also, I'm working another twelve hour today, so I doodled a lost soul.

Wow you're a really good artist. I used to doodle Doom shit all the time in high school but it never looked half as cool as this.

RUSH said:

Wow you're a really good artist. I used to doodle Doom shit all the time in high school but it never looked half as cool as this.

Thanks brother. It means a lot to hear people say that.

scifista42 said:

What about Icon of Sin Romero Head next? :)

That sounds like a killer idea. I'm working one of the slower posts today, so I should be able to! Thanks for the idea dude./

Not Doom, but still a dark themed picture. It's no secret here that I'm a metal fan, especially when it comes to the legends that are Black Sabbath. This is the infamous baby from their Born Again album. I always liked it (it used to be my avatar). Took me about forty minutes, but I did this at work yesterday.

Working on the Romero Head now. I will warn you, I don't think this one is coming along very well. Human faces have always been difficult for me. But I'll still share it, just don't expect anything as good as the stuff I posted here already.

Alright... I tried to ink your Caco but my skills suck way to bad. I thought I could do a half-way decent job but I lack the skills and have no interest in embarrasing myself in front of everyone. :(

Thanks anyway Trace for letting me try. :)

Godling said:

Alright... I tried to ink your Caco but my skills suck way to bad. I thought I could do a half-way decent job but I lack the skills and have no interest in embarrasing myself in front of everyone. :(

Thanks anyway Trace for letting me try. :)

No worries, my friend. If you don't mind though, I'm still interested in seeing how you did. Would you be okay PMing it to me?

TraceOfSpades said:

No worries, my friend. If you don't mind though, I'm still interested in seeing how you did. Would you be okay PMing it to me?

Sorry... but I didn't save it. I don't even save things I make that turn out good... I'm really non-sentimental to an extreme that way.

But thanks again... for freely allowing me the opportunity. /props :)

Godling said:

Sorry... but I didn't save it. I don't even save things I make that turn out good... I'm really non-sentimental to an extreme that way.

But thanks again... for freely allowing me the opportunity. /props :)

I am the type of person that welcome and hopes for people to take my creative works and improve on them or throw their own stinks on it. I find it to be the greatest form of flattery. So no problem friend.