Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Struggle : Antaresian Legacy (now available in /idgames)

One small issue: MAP02 has two player 3 starts, no player 4 start.

I did not play much, I merely did some testing before putting this up on a server, but I really liked what I've seen. It feels fresh and coherent, both gfx and new monster/weapon behaviour. I'm not the one who usually leans towards liking conversions of this extent, but this one seems to work for me. I hope I'll find time to play through this properly, and I'm very curious if someone will have the balls to play this with pain settings (fast + 2xdmg) given the monsters are already faster and maybe a bit harder to begin with :) *rhinoduck waves at bond*

Dragonfly said:

Streaming again, probably for an hour or so. :)

I hope you enjoyed playing it! And sorry about my late response. I was having rough days, struggling with my dying PC.

rhinoduck said:

One small issue: MAP02 has two player 3 starts, no player 4 start.

I did not play much, I merely did some testing before putting this up on a server, but I really liked what I've seen. It feels fresh and coherent, both gfx and new monster/weapon behaviour. I'm not the one who usually leans towards liking conversions of this extent, but this one seems to work for me. I hope I'll find time to play through this properly, and I'm very curious if someone will have the balls to play this with pain settings (fast + 2xdmg) given the monsters are already faster and maybe a bit harder to begin with :) *rhinoduck waves at bond*

Man, why have I not recognized that issue so far? :S Thanks for the notice, and I'm going to check every levels with that problem soon. I'm glad that my little conversions worked fine. I tried to design some new stuffs with no huge difference to the vanilla doom theme, with limit removing restriction. And yes, I'm also curious that if there's someone who can beat this wad with fast monsters option.

rhinoduck said:

No need to check other levels, player starts are fine in those (1 of each).

Much obliged for checking every levels! I hope you enjoyed playing it. :)

After some months have passed, the new beta version of Struggle is now available with 5 more levels and minor changes in previous levels. For more information, checkout the changelog below:

== Changelog ===

- Added MAP16, 17, 18, 19, 20
- Added Afriest Statue which is capable of spawning one random monster
- Minor changes in some of previous levels to balance the gameplay
- Added new sprites for bullet projectiles of Assault Rifle and Leichenfaust 2000
- Added new sound effects for SSG and Assault Rifle
- Added new sprites for a pistol and dual-wield mode (Glock 26 -> Glock 17)
- Removed Reviver from MAP11
- Added Spectroleviathan for MAP20
* Spectroleviathan shares the same properties with original Leviathan, except lesser health(2000), pain chance, and speed.

- Starting bullet ammo has increased from 30 to 42
- Assault Rifle now deals more damage from 6 to 7
- Energy bolt now deals less damage (5 -> 4)

- Demon has slightly different movement than before
- Lost Soul now has lesser health (70 -> 50)
- Cacodemon now moves slower (12 -> 10)
- Spectrocaco now has lesser health (320 -> 280, lesser than revenant)
- Pain Elemental now has lesser health (320 -> 300, same as revenant)
- Arachnotron now fires faster, but with weaker shot; 3 pellets per shot -> 2 pellets per shot
- Arch-vile now has greater pain chance (10 -> 16)
- Cyberdemon now has lesser health (4200 -> 4000, same as original)

- Chaingun Elite now has lesser health (90 -> 80)
- Chaingun Elite now has greater pain chance (96 -> 128)
- Chaingun Elite now shoots four energy bolts in a row. Instead, he will chase the player after the attack.
- Antaresia now has lesser health (850 -> 800)
- Afriest now has lesser health (700 -> 600, same as mancubus)
- Afriest no longer shoots fireballs of mancubus. Instead, it moves faster, and it shoots hell knight's green fireball.
- Leviathan now has lesser pain chance (20 -> 16)

Download link: Click Here

Feel free to post comments, suggestions, bug reports here. Thanks, and have fun. :)

Oh man, simply excellent stuff antares! Gonna be a bit before I can get to play these, but I can't wait!

Fonze said:

Oh man, simply excellent stuff antares! Gonna be a bit before I can get to play these, but I can't wait!

Thanks, Fonze. I still need to make 10 more levels to finish. These beta versions are just to show the progression, so take your time.

Hi, special person posting here. Stuck on map 1. No idea where to go to get one of the keys. I have pressed every switch, even found the lift with the secret. But I can't figure out where I am supposed to go. Playing in zdoom 2.8something. Help pls

Firedust said:

Hi, special person posting here. Stuck on map 1. No idea where to go to get one of the keys. I have pressed every switch, even found the lift with the secret. But I can't figure out where I am supposed to go. Playing in zdoom 2.8something. Help pls

In MAP01, in order to find the first blue key, you need to shoot the shootable switch from the room with crates and other pushable switch with a gun-shaped symbol on the floor. There's also an arrow on the crate to help the player to point the shootable switch.

You can find the red key after you pass the blue key door and proceed.

P.S.: I've remembered that I recorded the playtest video of MAP01 a year ago. I hope it helps.

Spoiler

Struggle is updated to the new version. This includes some changes in levels and systems, mostly to fix the glitches, related to limit-removing source ports. For more details, check out the changelog from the first post.

Clike here to download (Beta 4B)

Wow, I didn't know anything about this project... Screenshots recalls your maps from JOM5 and DMP2017... and NOVA III i guess. Sorry, can I see somewhere full listing of your works? I'll take note about all in my "ready-to-playthought" list.

11 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

...can I see somewhere full listing of your works?

I haven't made that many levels so far, to be honest. My levels from DMP2016 + 2017, and Nova 3, are the pretty much everything notable, since other works are small and compact levels for speedmapping session, like birthday mapping. But you can check out two levels of THT:Threnody; my very first contribution to community project (MAP11 and MAP20). Not to mention that you may try my level for SlaughterMAX, as long as you're okay with a slaughterfest with 21k monsters.

Besides the single player wads, I made a deathmatch wad long ago, which received negative responses in texture choices, but positive feedback in layout designs. And, just in case you like jokewads, there's one jokewad which was lucky enough to get the last Mockaward.

Payback Time should have been included in Ludicrium ;p

On-topic tho I got my pops to coop these with me a while back, I think there were only 18 maps at that time, and we had a ton of fun playing these maps. I would highly recommend this wad to every doomer.

March 19 is my birthday. To celebrate the day myself, here the new version of Struggle; fifth beta version. This version includes five more levels (27 in total), and several changes in gameplay. This time, I want to thank @loveless for providing helpful feedback during the live-streaming. :) The next version will be release candidate 1, which will include five more levels, making this mod "a full megawad".

= Changes in Beta 5 =

- Added MAP21, 22, 23, 24, and 25
- Minor changes in previous levels
- Added Antaresia Elite
* Antaresia Elite has 35% more HP, more aggresive behavior and speed, and 1/5 pain chance then the original one
* Antaresia Elite only appears in the last episode, and it drops a blue skull relic that opens the locked door.

- Adjusted first person weapon sprites
- Added new sprites for revenant's missile
- Replaced several sprites in the levels, including Afriest Turret

- Reduced the damage of Leichenfaust 2000 from 90 to 50

- Reduced the speed of grenades from 35 to 30
- Reduced the speed of revenant's missile from 20 to 18
- Reduced revenant's missile damage from 9 to 8
- Increased Afriest Turret's firing delay for 50%
- Afriest now has lesser health (600 -> 540)

- Fixed a bug that Afriest Turret couldn't shoot the next target, once the first one is killed

= Screenshots =

941e566eba.png

fffcd4f288.png

fdf0bde62b.png

93ded0a7bd.png

93315bb9ed.png

= Download link =

Click here to download

29 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Its strange that this is someone else's birthday, but we are getting the birthday present :D

Happy birthday @antares031!

Thank you very much! :)

Happy Birthday! :D

The images are amazing! Gotta play and record the whole thing, although I don't have much time lately :/

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

Happy Birthday! :D

The images are amazing! Gotta play and record the whole thing, although I don't have much time lately :/

Thanks, Deadwing! You don't need to be hurry, so take your time. You can also wait for the next version with complete 32 levels. :)

Just now, Eris Falling said:

happy birthday antares!

Thanks a lot, Eris! :)

Happy birthday antares! I had a ton of fun playing an earlier beta version of this and have been (im)patiently waiting for more; I'm super excited to see an update here!

3 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

@antares031 Happy birthday man. Love your maps, will be checking out the beta asap. The screenshots look gorgeous.

2 hours ago, Fonze said:

Happy birthday antares! I had a ton of fun playing an earlier beta version of this and have been (im)patiently waiting for more; I'm super excited to see an update here!

2 hours ago, HavoX said:

WOW!

Happy birthday! :)

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the messages. :D

10 minutes ago, grrfield said:

This is fantastic!!

Only my pi does not love that map25 so much.

The concept of MAP25 is pretty much similar to the MAP25 of Alien Vendetta; Among the 32 levels, there should be one giant slaughtermap with more than a thousand monsters. Although the new weapon system is not that ideal for hordes of demons, I believe that I put sufficient amount of supply items inside the fortress. :)

10 hours ago, antares031 said:

93315bb9ed.png

Ooooooh ophidians and magicians, ok, I can't wait to try the full version. Happy birthday Antares, best of luck with your project (;

26 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Ooooooh ophidians and magicians, ok, I can't wait to try the full version. Happy birthday Antares, best of luck with your project (;

We also have some more monsters from Heretic and Hexen. Thanks, and stay tuned for the next update. :)

serious question - are you ok? the geometry in these levels are truly something else and it got to the point where i am frightened by the quality of your craft and the speed at which you create.

basically, i am 75% sure you are an alien.

god speed and shine on you crazy bastard

also happy birthday!

Edited by Ponqo

9 hours ago, Ponqo said:

...basically, i am 75% sure you are an alien... ...also happy birthday!

Sometimes, I wish I'm an alien from the outer space with a warp drive spaceship, hehe. And thank you! :)