Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riki2321

What is the coolest wad you ever have played and what wad should i play?

I'll say, No Rest For The Living is great. (Nerve.wad), it comes with Doom3 BFG edition. The Gangrel levels is a cool recent one. https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1406605

I'm on the hunt for more WADs too, got a bunch of great recommendations in this topic a month or so ago:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/73995-the-best-wads-especially-ones-less-about-giant-open-battles/

scifista42 said:

Back to Saturn X E1

I prefer E2 myself, though E1 is pretty damn good.

Some of my other personal favourites: Scythe, Scythe 2 and Valiant.

Plutonia 2 tore me a new one in a glorious way that Plutonia: Revisited Community Project, although still very good, failed to. <3

I Like trying different stuff, so Action Doom 2 takes first place for me, the Classic Beat em' up style in it reminds me of the old "Songoku 3" i used to love :) .

Hellbound, Neodoom, swim with the whales, ect. Those are just off the top of my head, there's a TON of great wads out there!. Realm 667's horror maps are cool too!

the only wads I really played in SP during the last 10 years (ordered by time played):

doom2, avj, doom, plutonia, pl2

of course I tried a lot of other wads too with for example zdaemon, but no wads appealed me... it is astonishing for me how a lot of people have fun playing a lot of different pwads. Usually I cannot even stand playing them for more than few minutes.

I really loved Zen Dynamics, its like Doom but its also not like doom. There are brand new weapons with alternate fires, crazy new bosses and a great use of OpenGL.

Thanks for your opinions! I'll be sure to check these out, Have a nice day!

MY ranks of top best wads

1. One_Doom_s_Day
2. belly.wad
3. genocide.wad
4. tacoaqu.wad
for 4. have this
|
v me playing

I've always been partial to Doom/Doom 2 Remix. Also really like the Whodunits on zdaemon. Knee-Deep in ZDoom is cool too. Something about the quake2 style continuous map thing appeals to me for some reason. Def try those out

And I'm not sure what wads I always end up on or if its part of the mod itself, but the puppetmaster games are also a lot of fun if you get enough people on a game