Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Did Doom introduce the telefrag?

bigbadgangsta said:

roflmao. You didn't know that a "frag" is a kill in military terms? Heh, how can there be a polite word for fuck? It's an impolite word......

Imagine the scence,4 teenagers gathered around a couple of monitors DMing,parents in the house...Yay I just f***ed you there!...blah...blah...Well 'n' truly f***ed!..etc..etc(use frag instead of fuck)
So if you think about it when somebody is 'fucked',they're dead.When somebody is fragged, they're dead.Same thing:P

Archvile64 said:

I love fuck. It's so versatile.

Very true,so is shit...Everything's shit, except piss.

Very true,so is shit...Everything's shit, except piss.

You ain't shit, I ain't shit, he ain't shit, she ain't shit, da president ain't shit, saddamn ain't shit, osama ain't shit, police ain't shit............. seems like a lot of things in life actually ain't shit to me!
:P

Da_Esco said:

You ain't shit, I ain't shit, he ain't shit, she ain't shit, da president ain't shit, saddamn ain't shit, osama ain't shit, police ain't shit............. seems like a lot of things in life actually ain't shit to me!
:P

Did you ever learn that shit about poulation? Yeah people...they're part of that shit.

Ontopic:

bigbadgangsta said:

Um...I've been telefragged in DM before. I teleported and so did somebody else, therefore, I died.

That was some port, not Doom/2.exe, in Doom you cannot telefrag another player. Plus to get a telefrag, only one person needs to teleport.

Waldon said:

Ontopic:
That was some port, not Doom/2.exe, in Doom you cannot telefrag another player. Plus to get a telefrag, only one person needs to teleport.

I know you can telefrag monsters in Doom.exe, the Lost Episodes of Doom features a room with sergeants on pillars, and you teleport from pillar to pillar, telefragging the sergeants.

I haven't played Doom.exe DM in too long of a time to remember whether or not that's possible in DM, although I assume it is.

I was playing a DM game of Quake against my friend, and he was having problems connecting. Finally it worked and he telefragged my straight up cause I forgot to move :P

Archvile64 said:

I know you can telefrag monsters in Doom.exe, the Lost Episodes of Doom features a room with sergeants on pillars, and you teleport from pillar to pillar, telefragging the sergeants.

I haven't played Doom.exe DM in too long of a time to remember whether or not that's possible in DM, although I assume it is.

The secret room of Evilution's map02 is cooler. There you have to telefrag barons of hell on pedestals in a really tight place. Damn fun.

Little Faith said:

The secret room of Evilution's map02 is cooler. There you have to telefrag barons of hell on pedestals in a really tight place. Damn fun.

What, like the back of a volkswagon?

(non-Kevin Smith fans - please disregard).

Spike said:

What, like the back of a volkswagon?

(non-Kevin Smith fans - please disregard).

Dude...that just reminded me of this map I once had called like the 'Temple of Volkswagon'. I think it was vw.wad or something. Anyway, like the guy had his bug stolen or something, so he made this map where in the middle was this temple with this big VW symbol in the floor. It was a pretty decent map, though it was kinda overpacked with enemies.

Reminds me of the bonus map from Eternal Doom, the "Cybersweeper" map. Basically you're playing Minesweeper in 3-D, and if you hit a "mine", you get to take on a Cybie with nothing but your starting weapons. When you cleared the map, you stepped into a now-open teleport and telefragged all 8 Cybies one-by-one. :)

Archvile64 said:

Respawn-telefrags are not possible, Doom won't let you respawn on an occupied respawn spot. Simple telefrags can be done. I remember having a hard time on map30, trying to run fast but not telefragging Adam in coop.