Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

How to multiplayer in Zandronum?

I did teach a friend how to install Zandronum and he did. The question now is how to play multiplayer with that friend? Knowing the game he made on Doomseeker did not show up on my Doomseeker, and when he made -host with Zandronum I couldn't -join it.

He/she needs to do one or all of the following:

1) Forward ports if behind a NAT.
2) Make an exception for his firewall to permit remote connections for Zandronum.
3) Not be blacklisted from the master server.

If you are on the same network then join using the LAN address, if on a different network and both are connected to the internet then use his/her internet address.

As I have previously stated: connect via his LAN address and be sure that your firewalls are not blocking each other.

Gustavo6046 said:

What is LAN address anyway??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

It is your IPv4 or IPv6 address on the local network.

Determining what it is specific to your operating system and software however.

If your local network is configured for it, you can use the other player's hostname (what their computer is called on the network).

On Windows, go to the cmd.exe prompt and type "ipconfig" to show the IP address. It will normally be one that starts with 10 or 192.168. Do this on the server/hosting side, and connect other machines by using that address in Doomseeker.

The rapid influx of "how to do this, how to do that, I want to do this, etc" from this user is getting a little tiring. Someone please tell this person to do some research before playing 2,000 questions.. :p

Gustavo6046, can you please lump all of your threads into one or ask an Admin to do it and just call it the "Gustavo Asks" thread or something? I am glad we are all here to help you out and this is nothing personal, but what you are asking is common knowledge - and with a little research, much of these questions can be avoided. It's just irritating to see so many of these threads pop up, not from just this one person but from many who apparently can't take the time to do a bit of sleuthing.

Sorry, but someone had to say it. Nothing personal by the way.

Chu said:

The rapid influx of "how to do this, how to do that, I want to do this, etc" from this user is getting a little tiring. Someone please tell this person to do some research before playing 2,000 questions.. :p

Gustavo6046, can you please lump all of your threads into one or ask an Admin to do it and just call it the "Gustavo Asks" thread or something? I am glad we are all here to help you out and this is nothing personal, but what you are asking is common knowledge - and with a little research, much of these questions can be avoided. It's just irritating to see so many of these threads pop up, not from just this one person but from many who apparently can't take the time to do a bit of sleuthing.

Sounds like a 10 year old with a kids level of language construction. Because it just question marks everywhere, crude maps and scripts and lists of things that a game or mod should have.

Chu said:

The rapid influx of "how to do this, how to do that, I want to do this, etc" from this user is getting a little tiring.

Just fyi, he got banned at the ZDoom forum for acting similarly earlier this year.

I didn't knew that, I couldn't contact ZD Forums board admin. I though they were kidding on me... My deepest apologizes.
I could have another chance? I will make the "Gustavo Asks?!" thread.

Graf Zahl said:

Just fyi, he got banned at the ZDoom forum for acting similarly earlier this year.

I have him on my ignore list for that reason. Not taking any chances with him, sorry.