Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

I see Cigarette-Smoking man is still there. This is a good thing...

...I was worried that he’d be vaping by now.

Anyways, X-files making a return in January, and the trailer does look pretty interesting and faithful to the original run thus far. Being a super-fan of the show, I'm glad to see the world has moved on from the fad of crap reality tv, zombies (though I willingly admit I do watch my fair share of Walking Dead), and other modern broadcast shenanigans.

X-files helped make 1993 a pretty revolutionary year for media, along with DOOM and Jurassic Park. If you've yet to watch the series, give it a run on Netflix (or for free on Fox's site as they are broadcasting each of seasons episode a day until the new run starts in January).

Love me some aliens, monsters, and conspiracies. Oh yiss. Any other DOOMers/X-philes out there getting hyped? *points finger at Piper Maru*

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1SmJUBT5q0

Personally I loved X-files the most with the episodes unrelated to the alien-goverment conspiracy. That giant cockroach monster making people into it's zombies and disguising itself as a normal person gave me the shitmares.

Monster of the week episodes are top notch. I haven't even seen X-Files but I know that sort of episode of anything is the best.

Buckshot said:

...I was worried that he’d be vaping by now.

So they are retconning his death for like the 3rd time now? Ok I guess... But where does the show really go from where the series ended? I mean just keep on keeping on with the same formula? Because I felt that got old with the original series by the time the first movie was released. And while the movie was good, the plot episodes beyond it were pretty bad in general.

David Duchovny looks old and tired.

Or it's a flashback. His hand looked somewhat young and wrinkle-free in the trailer...

exl said:

Or it's a flashback. His hand looked somewhat young and wrinkle-free in the trailer...

Cloning + mind uploading. Like the Emperor in the extended Star Wars universe, he has a lab full of spare bodies kept in cryo storage in a bunker underneath the NSA HQ.

Quasar said:

Cloning + mind uploading. Like the Emperor in the extended Star Wars universe, he has a lab full of spare bodies kept in cryo storage in a bunker underneath the NSA HQ.

The main characters are probably clones.

I am really looking forward to this. My main concern is that it's a mini-series and they might not have the time/space to fit in "Monster of the week" episodes which I always preferred to the conspiracy arc (which had it's moments, but was too much of a mess stretched over the full 9 seasons.)

Jon said:

I am really looking forward to this. My main concern is that it's a mini-series and they might not have the time/space to fit in "Monster of the week" episodes which I always preferred to the conspiracy arc (which had it's moments, but was too much of a mess stretched over the full 9 seasons.)

I think they've already confirmed (2) will be MOTW, and 4 will be myth-arc story... which is fine by me. I just wish the last 2008 movie was focused on Mytholgy/Syndicate like the first movie was, so It would have prepped up for this.

Don't get me wrong.. the 2008 flick had a great MOTW story, but it really had no business being a theatrical release movie.

Also agree that either CSM is a clone (and why not? Dude was one of the frontmen behind a alien/human-hybrid cloning scheme... can't think of a reason he'd pass up the opportunity to test it on himself) or he's much younger in a flashback (his hand did seem pretty youthful than I last remember.

I will also agree David Duchovony looks withered and tired these days, but I mean, dude's getting old. Though I'm more shocked at how much Gillian Andersons appearance has changed in only 15 years... like she's either gone anorexic or had entirely way too much plastic surgery or something. I also found Mitch Pileggi's appearance to be a bit humorous... AD Skinner hasn't aged a day in all those years, to the point he had to grow a beard to look older, lol.

Gillian Anderson still looks perfect. Duchovony looks old but he seems to have the right amount of energy for his character, so I'm not worried. I'm so damn excited - X-Files was one of the most defining shows for me in its original run.

Well it's true that time & money talks. I remember when they had problems with Duchovony sexually harassing Anderson on-set. They had to film the same scenes twice as the actors could no longer be in each other's presence. So you have their closeups with them reacting off a script supervisor, and the occasional frame where they go a bit wider and you see the back of a photo double or stand-in. Magic of editing haha.

As for the new series, looks promising. Even the Lonegunmen are supposed to make an appearance. They're introducing two new younger agents in this series. This gives me the suspicion that if this iteration of the series takes off they will try pass the mantle onto them to carry the next, with Scully and Mulder just doing the occasional cameo.

SYS said:

I remember when they had problems with Duchovony sexually harassing Anderson on-set.

No wonder he was abducted by aliens and never appeared for many a season.