Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joe-ilya

Multiple episode selection map for doom2 (vanilla!)

I haven't yet properly played the map(s), only checked out the gimmick, and it's well done indeed! The start view could have been better looking, though.

The idea isn't new (Green Goddess - 2011, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the first wad do to this) but yeah, it's cool. I like how you made it possible to activate the secret in all three "levels". I guess it's even possible to make different soundtracks with that prboom-plus music changer thingy.

So I've played all 3 maps. They all turned out to be short and simple, the first 2 ones had some pretty stupid misalignments in them, and the last map was just overly monochromatic - but their difficulty, while easy, was decent enough and well-enough balanced to entertain me well. If I had to rate the wad as the maps + the gimmick together, I'd give it 3/5 stars.

Fast run through. In the 'Hell' map, you need to adjust the space between the second and third Red Key bars on the right. You can slide between them (at least in ZDoom), so you don't need the Red Key to finish the level. Otherwise, not bad.