Memfis

Gargoyle VS Lion VS Satyr

Who is the coolest?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the coolest?

• Gargoyle
    • Lion
    • Satyr

Gargoyle for life. I don't think it's the most aesthetically pleasing but its gaping mouth is really useful for switches and I find its generally strangeness pleasing. Definitely the one I use most anyway. I find Lion and Satyr are more or less equal, though Lion might win out just because of that distinctive mane.

The gargoyle is lighthearted and fun with a touch of malice. The lion is solemn. The satyr is creepy and wicked.

Satyr>(or-equal-to)Gargoyle>Lion

The lion always felt to me like it didn't belong in Doom, but that's not always the order I use them in most frequently. I do like the lion for small bits of detailing, because it does look cool and is physically smaller than the other two. It fits rather well on a 24-wide block with a white marble flat tastefully placed to serve as a border to the metal-colored flat on top or bottom.

JudgeDeadd said:

The gargoyle is lighthearted and fun with a touch of malice. The lion is solemn. The satyr is creepy and wicked.

Well said.

whaaat? the gargoyle is by far the coolest of the three. The lion is weak.

Umm guys(not you 40oz) memfis asked which of the faces is the most coolest, not the most useful, strangest, most distinctive, most feeling, most solemn, most lighthearted, most solemn, most fitting, smallest, most wicked or the creepiest.

joe-ilya said:

Umm guys(not you 40oz) memfis asked which of the faces is the most coolest, not the most useful, strangest, most distinctive, most feeling, most solemn, most lighthearted, most solemn, most fitting, smallest, most wicked or the creepiest.

Coolness is relative and is influenced by those things you mentioned.

Satyr > Lion > Gargoyle

I like the satyr best because to me he looks the most appealing (read: ominous) as a purely aesthetic device, as well as as a switch/interactive thing. Especially in low light conditions.

Lion is second because he's the most aesthetically versatile--not always the best choice, but never the worst.

By the same token, I put the gargoyle at the bottom simply because there are fewer situations I can think of off the top of my head where he'd look more at home than the lion.

i dont use a lot lion unless there many satyr and gargoyles texture in the zone. i use and like a lot satyr i think that one fits pretty well with hell theme, lion i feel would fit more for old buildings in earth like zones

the ears are transplanted from the satyr and stretched horizontally with added vertices.

Here's a bonus one

Looks like a grumpy victorian gent with big mutton chops

I like that bonus one mouldy, kinda reminds me of Linguica's CC2 map where he did the same but with the bigger marble faces.(was it linguica's map? not sure)

The best texture in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargoyle Blaster.

[I like it solely because it's the most switch-like, for whatever reason.]

D_Garg is better than the metal gargoyle if you ask me. Also I don't see how the satyr is creepy especially with the higher res version of it.

mouldy said:

the ears are transplanted from the satyr and stretched horizontally with added vertices.

Here's a bonus one
http://www.mediafire.com/view/sf3p8ohq4uoiqk0/gargoyles2.JPG

Looks like a grumpy victorian gent with big mutton chops

Almost looks like a Klingon.