Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Unterspahgenzich

g

AwesomeO-789 said:

I didn't even think of that, it's so obvious too! I've been using mapspots ever since I started teleportation, thanks man!

It's not a good idea to use map spots instead of teleport destinations for teleports, there have been cases where use of map spots caused bugs that use of teleport destinations wouldn't have had.

Gez said:

It's not a good idea to use map spots instead of teleport destinations for teleports, there have been cases where use of map spots caused bugs that use of teleport destinations wouldn't have had.

Alright, I'll make sure to go back and change them.

Sorry for spamming this thread, but since the first question was so simple I might as well ask another rather than make a new thread

Is there a way to change the properties of a linedef (e.g, impassable, block monster, double sided etc. etc.) through ACS? I want a linedef to block the player at first but after collecting an item let them go through it?

Sorry, not SetLineBlocking, but Line_SetBlocking was the correct one, indeed.

Line_SetBlocking should work. Did you actually set Line ID to the linedef that was supposed to be affected? How?

I didn't understand your intention with translucent lines, but translucency is a purely visual effect that has nothing to do with blocking, and if you want to alter it during the game, you should use SetLineSpecial. EDIT: Also note that translucency only affects middle textures, not lower and upper ones.

AwesomeO-789 said:

I think you are confusing Line ID with something else, possibly with linedef index number. Line ID is a property that you must manually set to a line or lines, in a similar fashion as you set a tag. In UDMF, alter the Line ID property in the linedef's fields. You can set the same Line ID number to multiple lines, too. In Hexen format, Line IDs must be set via Line_SetIdentification special (this is one of the reasons why UDMF is better).

scifista42 said:

I think you are confusing Line ID with something else, possibly with linedef index number. Line ID is a property that you must manually set to a line or lines, in a similar fashion as you set a tag. In UDMF, alter the Line ID property in the linedef's fields. You can set the same Line ID number to multiple lines, too. In Hexen format, Line IDs must be set via Line_SetIdentification special (this is one of the reasons why UDMF is better).

Beautiful! Thanks scifista, no idea what I'd do without you haha!