Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Walter confetti

F***** Metal! [A tyson map] - on /idgames

http://i.imgur.com/4gVveoY.png?1http://i.imgur.com/OdIpE6b.png?1

DOWNLOAD, -complevel 2

Title: F***** Metal!

Description: Short tyson map, mostly rusty metal and bricks. And satyrs, lions, gargoyles and other friendly faces, due to the recent fad behind these textures...
I made also a "Rodin gargoyle fountain look-a-like thing" based upon that doomworld post that started all this...

Build time: 8 hours divided in 3 days

New Textures: Yes

New Music: D_ADRIAN, it works fine on this map...

Demos and feedback are welcome and appreciated!

I got lost on the way to the exit; it wasn't clear what the very last switch did in the stair-building room did; more visual landmarks could have helped. I won't subject you to the completely boring FDA. Map could have used a hk/baron or rev or arch-vile somewhere.

So vanilla... Here is my FDA, recorded in Chocolate Doom 2.0. It worked fine. I didn't like the narrow corridors, IMO it is something that you should already know better to avoid, not to say avoid making a whole map focusing on them. Aesthetically simple but OK. Combat nothing special. Gimmicks were OK, but less lifts would be better, because they just slow everything down.

Heh, nice theme with the faces, reminds me of that secret area in Doom 2 Map10 where you can also find the BFG. Here is a quick FDA.

Memfis said:

reminds me of that secret area in Doom 2 Map10 where you can also find the BFG.

Maybe you meant MAP08? Or another one? I don't suppose you had this MAP10 area in mind.

By the way, the word F***** in the map title should probably be changed to F****** instead, with 6 hidden letters instead of 5, for the sake of correct spelling of the apparent intended word: FABULOUS. (/bad joke)

rdwpa said:

I got lost on the way to the exit; it wasn't clear what the very last switch did in the stair-building room did; more visual landmarks could have helped. I won't subject you to the completely boring FDA. Map could have used a hk/baron or rev or arch-vile somewhere.

Funny that i used a Hk at the final room of the map, but in the end i choose for a demon since i found it too hard...

Something unexpected here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hewep0e3a5cfw3/f-metal.wad

v2 of this map, fixed of the narrow corridors and enlarged the map for most part, changed some gameplay situations, make some sign on the outdoor tower section that rwdpa noted during gameplay (i hope this time will be ok...), as usual if you found any problem just post it here...