Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Who has the best taste?

Combine the title of this thread and the custom title of a member integral to its functioning and voila! You have the basis for a pretty good joke. You might also have a couple of people scrambling back to their posts to make an edit or two.

Go on, then. Get chugging.

Well, since i'm still pretty new here I don't have much experience; I can say though that You ( Memfis) and AD_79 are the mappers that come to mind when I try to emulate and learn. (More lately: Lutz with his Hellscape wad) so in a way, I listen closely to your opinions when I see you critique a map.

I'm aware this isn't the question you asked, but it's the best I can do because I only know a few of your names by heart.

Alfonzo said:

Combine the title of this thread and the custom title of a member integral to its functioning and voila! You have the basis for a pretty good joke. You might also have a couple of people scrambling back to their posts to make an edit or two.

I think it's a little late in the thread for that. But here goes anyway.

Considering the fact you've tasted your own and it doesn't taste that bad, I'd probably say that you have the best taste out of everyone that's given opinions on how it tastes.

I've always enjoyed the doom wad blog's reviews. Going in depth on the maps without spoiling any surprises, pointing out all of those bits that usually people would miss. Scifista and Memfis as well!

Alfonzo said:

Now I understand why people think memfis has great taste. :P

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/avatar.php?userid=15856Jaxxoon R, hands up. I respect him for various things such as making the videos for one of the rare expressions of pure undiluted art unrestrained (or actually a set of moderately mediocker levels, but at laest it's still unadultered and unleashed!), which of course people wouldn't find tasty-looking if it wasn't covered in heaps and heaps of self-deprecation flavored sauce.

there are lots of active players whose opinions I find useful (often as a result of sharing at least a few mapping/playstyle values), mostly from the niche/slaughter folks around here, too many to name individually. I'll just mention it particularly piques my interest if those players that don't show up too often (e.g. koren, jongo, krypto, cynical) offer their thoughts, usually means a wad I'll enjoy.

I blatantly list wads that people won't like, and I generally expect to be treated how I treat people.

Therefore, I must answer Tarnsman and essel, the Great Twin Satans of this community. Their taste will surely lead us all to ruin :D

joe-ilya said:

Now I understand why people think memfis has great taste. :P