Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gamegalaxy

BRUTAL DOOM IS INSANE!

You might enjoy these two:

nuts.wad
wow.wad

Glad I could help.

C'mon MFG38, be nice. You know everyone likes brutal doom, they just pretend to hate it because it's overrated and it's what every newbie goes to upon stumbling over DOOM.
I like brutal doom, sorry I like what you hate.

Hide brutal doom threads, ignore brutal doom posts, do not reply to brutal doom posters.

Don't be rude gaspe, he is new to the forums! Holllyyyy crap I was like that when I was new like him...

Of course it's insane and must be insane. What did you expect with name "BRUTAL DOOM"? Kids with Chickens?
Explosions, Headshots, Smashing monsters.
Choose Scythe2.wad, choose 'black metal' skill and go on.
Damn... What a memories. Such a torturing especially last episode but damn... I was happy that i could beat that wad without cheats.

Go to /idgames and look for highest rated for wads, I personally suggest checking out the megawad section as well.

You can also play wads with Brutal Doom if you so desire (as long as the wad doesn't change the gameplay).

joe-ilya said:

C'mon MFG38, be nice. You know everyone likes brutal doom, they just pretend to hate it because it's overrated and it's what every newbie goes to upon stumbling over DOOM.
I like brutal doom, sorry I like what you hate.

???

Holy shit, what the fuck even...

Damn, it's almost as if Brutal Doom is catering to the 9 year old audience.
It really has the Call of Duty effect doesn't it?
Ropes in the dumb little kids, and all the sensible adults keep away from it like they should.

The Civ said:

Ropes in the dumb little kids, and all the sensible adults keep away from it like they should.

People like you scare off new members. Is this really how you want to represent doomworld? With elitism?

I mainly just wanted to ask about other mods and cool WADS like it as it's been awhile since I've done any modding of PC games - and I've been playing vanilla doom for years

mrthejoshmon said:

Holy shit, what the fuck even...

It's joe-ilya, don't bother. Ever.

Job said:

I thought Brutal Doom threads were disallowed at this point.

Are they? I mean, I could see why, but I don't recall an official statement being made.

In response to the OP, check out some of Xaser's weapon mods. He's definitely know for his crazy stuff, and they're enjoyable to play with.

Protester said:

People like you scare off new members. Is this really how you want to represent doomworld? With elitism?

I'm not trying to project any elitism.
I'm not saying that I'm better than him at all, or that we're some high and mighty group. I'm only saying that he's acting like a child.
Besides, DoomWorld has been represented with lots of actual elitism before this.

The Civ said:

I'm not trying to project any elitism.
I'm not saying that I'm better than him at all, or that we're some high and mighty group. I'm only saying that he's acting like a child.
Besides, DoomWorld has been represented with lots of actual elitism before this.

I don't even

Brutal Doom is 'eh' at this point after I stopped supporting it back in January of this year after nearly 4 years of using it (Version 7, BTW). The extreme gameplay changes, stupid features and ridiculous sycophancy over criticism really pushed me away from the mod.

The only sub-mod that is worth any salt would be Project Brutality.

gamegalaxy said:

I mainly just wanted to ask about other mods and cool WADS like it .

* Project Brutality .
* BrutalDark
* Action Doom - action.wad
* Action Doom 2 : Urban Brawl - action2.wad
* Complex Doom
* ZBlood
* Paranoid.wad
* ZDoom Community Project .

I like Brutal Doom. It's pretty cute.

I never used to like Demonsteele until recently, something about it made me angry. Might've just been me playing it with Doom 2.

The Civ said:

Doom appealed to 9 year olds in the first place too. I was born in 86, so I guess I was about 8! And I played Wolf3D and Curse of the Catacombs before that too. :D

I dig Brutal Doom and Project Brutality, I just don't play them too much, since I'm interested in playing WADs with the classic gameplay usually. I use SmoothDoom generally.

Certainly impressive when it first came out but I saw it as more of a novelty more than anything. Was fun every now and then for a little while but I just prefer the original game play, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

gamegalaxy said:

I am super late to the party, but I just discovered Brutal Doom and HOLLLLYYY CRAP that is insane! It's so much fun!

Does anyone have any other fun mods or awesome WADs to check out? I've been away from PC for a couple of years now -

Going Down. The best megawad ever made.