Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mystery Man in 3D

Show & tell us about your physical DOOM collection

At least let the video finish processing before you post your flaunt thread.

I'm just starting to collection sealed copies of Doom...

I have unboxed copies of most of the console and PC games, but these are a little more special.

Voros said:

Cause i do. But do you still play it?

Well, this is a community for Doom players so... I would assume a good proportion of the people who come here still play it? The answer to your question is yes for me.

Voros said:

But do you still play it?

Doom95 doesn't run all that well on Win 7, but I'm still using the IWAD if that counts.

Nope, I never even had a copy of Doom. The last 20 or so years of my life have all been an elaborate illusion woven together by unseen supernatural forces, for the sole purpose of tricking me into thinking I own and play my very own copy of Doom.

I had physical copies of The Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Final DOOM and Master Levels, all published by GT and dated '96 on the IWADs (Final Doom was amusingly 6/06/96). I also had PSX Doom and PSX Final Doom. They're all in storage right now though.

Doom Collector's Edition, Master Levels CD, Quake Shareware CD, a couple floppy sets somewhere, Steam release, GOG.com release, Doom 64, Doom 3 + RoE on Steam and Xbox, and Doom 3: BFG Edition on Steam.

Yup, I think I have it cut out for me :)

I have the SNES, n64, GBA (Doom1 and Doom2), and xbox360 versions.

I haven't had my (sorely missed) Ultimate Doom box for about 15 years now. Just been continually copying the iwad over and over and over... It's survived many generations now.

The Doom2 I had growing up was an illegal pirate copy my brother found for me. Since I own the hard copy on 360 and have legally digitally downloaded it at least once since, I can sleep easy knowing I won't spend an eternity in HELL with the other freeloaders.

my turn.

The Ultimate Doom IWAD*
Doom II IWAD*
Final Doom IWADs*
Quake pak0 and pak1*
HacX 1.2 IWAD*
HacX 2.0 IWAD*
Strife IWAD*
Doom 64 EX°
Doom 64 Absolution
Freedoom Phase 1 & 2 IWADs
Doom 3 PC version 1.3.1

i dont have urban brawl, heretic or hexen, because im happy with what i got.

Former:
Doom 2 rom GBA

*- I disposed the unnecesaary files as i realized sourceports are available. Years of pain it took to gather this. I hope when Doom dies, our collections wont.

°- I am not telling you where i got the rom.

I still have the boxes and manuals for my copies, but I've lost the original floppies. I have Ultimate Doom and Final Doom on CD-ROM still. In terms of strict lineage, I'm probably playing a warezed copy of the wads, rather than try to patch the ones I bought (version 1.666 of doom2).

I still have my copy of Final Doom, Heretic and Hexen. But the original floppies with Doom 1 and 2 have gotten lost during the late 90's when the low resolution graphics, combined with increasing system incompatibilities made the game unappealing.

I only returned to Doom when the first decent (read: Windows and High-res) ports appeared.

Thank god I still had the IWADs on some backup CD...

I still have the other games because I bought them after 'rediscovering' the game.

I have the "doom collector's edition". Contains:
-Ultimate DooM
-DooM II
-Final DooM (Tnt and plutonia)

It's in my bedroom somewhere :D

- Doom Floppies
- Doom2 -german- CD
- Doom2 CD
- Ultmate Doom CD
- Doom Trilogy CDs
- 2x Doom Collectors Edition CDs
- Hexen CD
- 2x Heretic_SOTSR CD

and all BSDIFFs to create ANY Iwad version :-)

I still have my original 1994 '250 Games' CD which Doom v1.1 shareware came on. That was my first experience of the game!

Also Steam and bought Final Doom about 15 years ago.

joepallai said:

now if I could get the Masters disk to work....

If you're encountering an "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" error when attempting to install the Master Levels - try installing through DOSBox. Worked like a charm for me.

My Doom2.wad is the same individual file that my father had on a DOS computer in the 90s (I don't know about its origin, though), as he always preserved Doom 2 (along with several other DOS games) on our later computers. Actually, it was Doom 2 version 1.666. I have patched it to v1.9 in year 2011/12/13 (not sure when exactly).

esselfortium,
I'll pretend you said that on opposite day...absolutely idiotic is your answer!

I was under an impression that Voros was just trying to make an ironic "joke", since he started his reply with mentioning "upside day", which is presumably a typo for "upside-down day", which presumably means a day when everything is spoken upside-down, and then he tried to joke by using an upside-down form of a word "brilliant".