Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

My pixel art

I'm gonna dump my random edits and original stuff here. A sample of stuff I've worked on over the months.

Sonic 1/2 style with elements of 3

Imajiin from Doki Doki Panic

Mockup of how I would've preferred that SMAS SMB1/2J looked:

Polished retconned Metal Gear 2 portraits:

Concept portrait of Zed the stoner lynx

I'll post any future works I deem worthy of display.

Zed the stoner lynx reminds me of Fritz the cat for some reason. Nice work!

Wouldn't it be better to post this in a spriting forum instead if you haven't already also done that? Like vg-resource or pixeljoint for example. These aren't Doom sprites but that of course doesn't mean you can't post them here, I'm just saying you're likely to get better more insightful criticism in a spriting forum.

I made an edited version of Mario 3's walking animation, because I wasn't satisfied with my Mario 1 based version.

Spicy Cacodemon said:

Wouldn't it be better to post this in a spriting forum instead if you haven't already also done that? Like vg-resource or pixeljoint for example.

Not a bad idea. I think I'll do that.

raymoohawk said:

the cat is going to be for a doom engine game soda is making, so you could say that some are doom sprites

I'm strongly considering going back to 2D like my very old 2009 version of the game (that I have since lost the files to).

Scuba Steve said:

Heavily edited sprite

Thanks, Scuba! I've edited it some more.

I tried to give his run a little more dynamic movement. With art so small, sometimes you don't even need to move a pixel, if you make it darker or lighter, it gives the appearance of movement (I used this in the arm). I also wanted to see his ears and longer fur, and backpack bob up and down as he runs.

Woah, that looks really neat. I appreciate that you've been taking time to provide help without even being asked to, it means a lot to me. :)

I went ahead and made it 12 frames and slightly reduced the bobbing intensity, also making it bob on both steps rather than just one.

BUUUMMMPP

For some reason I really like attempting to overhaul existing sprites. Here's another go at Sonic:

eUyWBej.png

For reference, the unaltered basis:

vypiUuQ.png

Hmm, is Zed's face, like, totally symmetrical? That makes him look really creepy I think. Maybe you could experiment with making the sides a little different.

On 5/28/2017 at 6:41 PM, Memfis said:

Hmm, is Zed's face, like, totally symmetrical? That makes him look really creepy I think. Maybe you could experiment with making the sides a little different.

It's deliberately creepy, especially the facial expression. I intend Zed's Quest to be a... strange game, to say the least.