Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Doomguy and Doomgal?

I agree that if it doesn't affect anything but cosmetics (and why should it, really?) it would be a great option to have. If the guy's arms ever show, it wouldn't be too difficult to replace them without redoing any animations or anything. And the voice clips, if any (grunts and the like). And pronouns in text, if any. It shouldn't even cost any considerable amount of money, and barely take any time. But I think it would definitely be a step in the right direction, because we shouldn't be looking for a reason to include the option when there's no good reason NOT to.

I personally would totally choose a female marine to play, too, if I could. Even if just for the novelty of it.

AirRaid said:

I seem to recall something similar to that already being done. Wasn't very good though... I hope that team doesn't bother making anything else.

And it took them so long to build. It would probably take them even longer to make something else. Like more than a decade!

AirRaid said:

No, that would suck horribly and completely ruin the immersion of the experience. You'd never get clean enough sounds through whatever mic you happen to have attached to your computer.

As well as the fact that the vast majority of players know nothing of voice acting and wouldn't be able to produce anything near what would be required.

I didn't say it would be a requirement. But as an option, as a novelty it would be somewhat fun.

It would also be cool if samus pulled off her helmet after beating the next matroid game to reveal its not her at all. Instead its Doomguy. Mind blown.

AirRaid said:

No, that would suck horribly and completely ruin the immersion of the experience. You'd never get clean enough sounds through whatever mic you happen to have attached to your computer.

As well as the fact that the vast majority of players know nothing of voice acting and wouldn't be able to produce anything near what would be required.

The vast majority of user-made sound effects would be blown static, I guarantee it.

Why the hell not for multi at least? I tend to play as the fem char in a lot of games anyway like fallout 3 etc..

dio said:

It would also be cool if samus pulled off her helmet after beating the next matroid game to reveal its not her at all. Instead its Doomguy. Mind blown.