Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AwesomeO-789

Dollarydoos

Should the Australian "dollar" be changed to "dollarydoo"?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Australian "dollar" be changed to "dollarydoo"?

• Yes
    • No
    • Couldn't care less

So there's a petition to change Australian currency to Dollarydoos, the name being a reference to "Bart Vs Australia". The reasoning for this is as follows:

"Due to global commodity prices plummeting, the Australian economy is struggling. That's why we need something to stimulate the Australian economy and that something is changing the name of the Australian currency to 'Dollarydoos'. This will make millions of people around the world want to get their hands on some Australian currency due to the real life Simpsons reference, driving up the value of the Australian currency. If the leaders of this great nation have any common sense at all, they will introduce legislation to parliament to change the name of our currency as soon as possible. So please sign this petition to get our nations leaders to finally act on this important issue."

As an Australian I think this is the stupidest idea ever. This isn't acceptable even as a joke petition, it's fucking stupid and I sure as hell don't want to be saying "dollarydoo" every day. I'm sure Americans are laughing their asses off right now, and I'll admit it is fucking hilarious that someone thought this petition up. But Jesus Christ if this does end up happening I'm moving to 'Murica or something. Just imagine:

"Hey mate, how much is a copy of Doom?"
"$100 dollarydoos, $30 dollarydoos for the season pass"
"Cheers gov'nuh!"

I'm pretty sure we've already got "LOL" in the dictionary, how fucking ridiculous would "dollarydoos" look, it'd be one of the words foreign kids would search up along with "sex" or "breast" or something.

Thoughts?

Never heard of this "Dollarydoo" before, but then again I stopped watching cartoons decades ago.

It would just remain shortened to "Dollar" anyway. There would also be a huge international screw up if the currency name changed (the ISO for one).

GhostlyDeath said:

Never heard of this "Dollarydoo" before, but then again I stopped watching cartoons decades ago.

Simpsons seasons 1 (or 2 for the good bits) to season 8. Get on it. Fuck your weekend plans.

Good lord I wish this was a joke. Still, it;s a far less annoying word than "twerk".. Even typing that just then gave me goosebumps...

If it hasn't already made its way into the Aussie vernacular as a slang word for "dollar", then it's clearly not welcome.

Crickey, I reckon that Dollaydoo nonsense is a fair dinkum joke to my heritage. I almost spilled me long neck. We are in fact a proud group of battlers.

I have half a mind to muster a mighty mob, ride our Roos and visit our local polly (who also works part time at the milk bar) and tee up a meeting to spit the dummy about this affair.

Right after I finish my tucker... and this tinny. Ah nevermind she will be alright.

Could have been worse, the Aussie dollar nearly wound up being called the "Royal".

Meh - some drongo's defaced that wiki page.

GG Australia. Australia's BADASS EVERYTHING TRYING TO KILL YOU jokes will now fall to the wayside in favor of global humiliation about a Simpsons joke.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Simpsons seasons 1 (or 2 for the good bits) to season 8. Get on it. Fuck your weekend plans.

Simpsons never appealed to me really, so I will have to say no.

They think that people would fly all the way to Australia to get some of this currency because of a reference? And they think that they'll get enough people to fly all the way to Australia to help their economy?

Pretty sure a name change isn't going to spare Australia from the global financial crisis. Besides, it's a worldwide race to the bottom. Didn't they get the memo? Seems quite a few countries are out to devalue their national currencies intentionally.

Even if it becomes official, people just abbreviate things. It'll soon become a 'doo.' That'll be three doo's please.

Doomkid said:

Good lord I wish this was a joke. Still, it;s a far less annoying word than "twerk".. Even typing that just then gave me goosebumps...

As long as Miley is doing the twerkin', then I approve. I don't give a damn what anyone says. I'd bang her Justin Bieber lookin' ass.

Tritnew said:

How about Rippers and Tearers?

Australia probably banned BD because oo me poor christian peepers. They ban every game with even a bit of blood in it.

Ashstrodamus said:

As long as Miley is doing the twerkin', then I approve. I don't give a damn what anyone says. I'd bang her Justin Bieber lookin' ass.

That was the most indirectly gay thing I've ever read.

I'm all for it. While you're at it, invent a thing that makes your toilets actually spin backward (since everyone up here thinks they do no matter how many times it's reported that they in fact do not) and then invent another thing that goes on top of that to correct it to the American direction.

Quasar said:

I'm all for it. While you're at it, invent a thing that makes your toilets actually spin backward (since everyone up here thinks they do no matter how many times it's reported that they in fact do not) and then invent another thing that goes on top of that to correct it to the American direction.

rofl some toilets have been intentionally manufactured to live up to the hype. no joke.

Ashstrodamus said:

there are much hotter titless women

SavageCorona said:

I've literally never heard of a spinning toilet. Where did you get that from?

If I ever get rich I'm going to buy a spinning toilet.

EDIT: fucking double post

I'm referring to the direction the water goes down the drain, just in case you're actually bein' thick and not joking :V

I was joking and I think (hope) Savage was too

EDIT: Though, I wasn't joking about the water -- In the instance you're buying a toilet to install, you actually can pick between some that shoot the water left or right.. I have no idea why this is a thing but it is

GreyGhost said:

Spinning toilet? Big deal! I'd settle for nothing less than a spinning house. ;)

if only our best brains could put this much effort into controlling climate change and making more water drinkable for a sustainable future

That's actually really damn cool, even if it is very over the top!