Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashstrodamus

Favorite Game of Thrones Characters

you know nothing Jon Snow. gj nice thread. Though you should've done: favorite GoT characters, TOP FIFTEEN people..

1. Ned Stark
2. The Hound
3. Daenerys Targaryen
4. The Spider
5. Tyrion Lannister

The one we all love, the one so good it makes us all forget his height.

I can't get into the show. I keep thinking how many people die so royalty can own more land and get more taxes.

TheCupboard said:

you know nothing Jon Snow. gj nice thread. Though you should've done: favorite GoT characters, TOP FIFTEEN people..

1. Ned Stark
2. The Hound
3. Daenerys Targaryen
4. The Spider
5. Tyrion Lannister

No doubt. It's hard to just pick five.

Stopped watching the series after S3. I disliked the growing changes and I hear it only gets worse.

1. Cersei - She's a fantastic villain with a deep character and well established motivations. Her POV chapters only made me enjoy her more. Also Lena Headey is excellent.
2. Tyrion - Duh! I have to say I'm not enjoying his Hobbit adventure in the last book. His character excels in the thick of court machinations, playing head games with the likes of the Spider.
3. Arya - I love Arya chapters. She's a vessel for showing us some of the most brutal bits and she takes it like a survivor. I hope GRRM finds the balls to twist her personality with a little PTSD/acquired cruelty.
4. Jamie - Late blooming character. The vain prince start made him the shallowest of the villains, on the other hand his POV chapters in the later books are plenty cool.
5. That guy rezzing the rebels, I hope he goes out in style. Or the Hound. Or or or...

Jon Snow is a total bore and not even all the fighting and fantasy stuff makes me like him. Daenerys needs to move on, that entire plot line went from 100mph to zero. Fuck everything in Dorne and the Iron Islands, all unnecessary distraction.

I dig that "No one touches the Dragon!" guy, the Kaleesi's brother. Hilarious guy. Overall through the seasons gotta give Tyrion the props of course.

dew said:

Stopped watching the series after S3. I disliked the growing changes and I hear it only gets worse.

1. Cersei - She's a fantastic villain with a deep character and well established motivations. Her POV chapters only made me enjoy her more. Also Lena Headey is excellent.
2. Tyrion - Duh! I have to say I'm not enjoying his Hobbit adventure in the last book. His character excels in the thick of court machinations, playing head games with the likes of the Spider.
3. Arya - I love Arya chapters. She's a vessel for showing us some of the most brutal bits and she takes it like a survivor. I hope GRRM finds the balls to twist her personality with a little PTSD/acquired cruelty.
4. Jamie - Late blooming character. The vain prince start made him the shallowest of the villains, on the other hand his POV chapters in the later books are plenty cool.
5. That guy rezzing the rebels, I hope he goes out in style. Or the Hound. Or or or...

Jon Snow is a total bore and not even all the fighting and fantasy stuff makes me like him. Daenerys needs to move on, that entire plot line went from 100mph to zero. Fuck everything in Dorne and the Iron Islands, all unnecessary distraction.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine!

PsychoGoatee said:

I dig that "No one touches the Dragon!" guy, the Kaleesi's brother. Hilarious guy. Overall through the seasons gotta give Tyrion the props of course.

He was asking for it. He got off easy if you ask me. They should've tortured that fucker.

Ashstrodamus said:

He was asking for it. He got off easy if you ask me. They should've tortured that fucker.

Should've given him his own spinoff, and made lunch boxes I says.

PsychoGoatee said:

Should've given him his own spinoff, and made lunch boxes I says.

Him and Tommy Wiseau together would be epic. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you look it up.

1. Spider-Man
2. Iron Man
3. The Million Dollar Man
4. Smell Like a Man, Man
5. Glen or Glenda

Nah, I never watched the show, namely because I don't get HBO. Just as a casual observer, it looks like a show that drags on too long and advances too slowly.

Genuinely a very difficult question to answer, even if we're only talking about the slightly reduced cast in the TV show. Still, I'll try... In no particular order:

Bronn - particularly fun when playing off of a Lannister in a sort-of buddy role, but the kind of fun rogue character that always is enjoyable (think Han Solo).
Arya - not only does her story take her to a lot of key events, but she mixes competence and vulnerability in a manner that makes her genuinely fun to follow.
Tyrion - a lot of the same appeal as Arya, to be honest, but with the addition of many enjoyable vices and a more driving role in the plot. Possibly the only character to actually get a taste of all of the story lines, having visited The Wall early on before doing the whole King's Landing bit.
Tywin - technically a bad guy, but also probably the single most competent leader we've seen and all the more fun for it. A good foil to all of his children, particularly Cersei. I couldn't get enough of him putting her down.
The Hound - rough, abrasive and jaded, Mr Not-A-Fucking-Knight paired well with Arya, had probably the best one-on-one fight in the series so far (I won't spoil with whom for that one person who doesn't know but intends to find out) and is very enjoyably foul-mouthed to boot!

I can think of at least one other character I'd be very keen to put in the list (Jaime) but more because of how other characters bounce off of him than any of his own characteristics. Also, my inner teenage boy can't get enough of Natalie Dormer's smirking, but that's got very little to do with her role as Margery Tyrell.

On a semi-related note, I'm quite glad that the TV series and books have broadly drawn level, as it means I can spend a lot less of the next season wondering when "X" will happen or why something is different. The few times the show has gone it's own way in any real sense have been quite pleasant due to the surprise or new details.

On an more speculative one, I'm kind of wondering which one of the many threads of story is going to actually end up being important, given there's only two intended books left (splitting aside) and presumably a corresponding number of seasons. At least half of what's happened so far is presumably going to come to naught or be ploughed through by whatever series of events ends up dominating. I've got the sneaking suspicion that Sansa's story in particular feels like it's just meandered off into a dead end... not that I'm complaining, as her parts are easily my least favourite in the books and seem quite vestigial to the greater building conflict in the series.

I've never watched Game of Thrones, nor took Interest In It. By my POV, It looks kinda erotic In a sense that It would be fap material for a 12 year old kid watching It with their parents.

What I'm trying to say, It looks sucky.

Tritnew said:

I've never watched Game of Thrones, nor took Interest In It.

If you don't like thing, it's probably best not to post in a discussion about thing.

Ashstrodamus said:

Him and Tommy Wiseau together would be epic. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you look it up.

Me and Tommy go way back, he's a legend in the entertainment business.

Another GoT shoutout, love that guy who's Tyrion's bodyguard buddy, Bronn. I like crazy fire woman Melisandre, hell most characters are entertaining.

Tritnew said:

I've never watched Game of Thrones, nor took Interest In It. By my POV, It looks kinda erotic In a sense that It would be fap material for a 12 year old kid watching It with their parents.

What I'm trying to say, It looks sucky.

...because it just had to said. ;)

dew said:

Yeah, I made it through season four and called it. It was a fucking trial. Also, Euron Grejoy is awesome, I am sorry but I won't budge on this point.

Anyhow:

1) The Hound - dude's not even a main character (no POV in the books) and somehow has more depth than just about anyone else in the stories
2) Jaime - The work done with Jaime in SOS was unbelievable and fleshed out a character that up until that point was worthy of all loathing. It also made his actions before make all the more sense. Development done well.
3) Tyrion - Yep.
4) Davos/Bronn - I count these two as different sides of the same coin. Both are honest and show their cards at all times, but one is selfless and one is pragmatic. Both have come from nothing and become lords. It's a great dichotomy.
5) Stannis - the Mannis. Fuck everything HBO has done with him.

I didn't realise that Viserion was my favourite character until he was killed. That was easily the most emotional I've been over a GOT death.

Jaime

Varys

Littlefinger

Ramsay

Tyrion

i just like manipulative characters, not that I sympathize with LF or Ramsay but they are very entertaining to watch (when Sansa is not getting raped fuck that)

Jaime and Tyrion have personal character stories that I really like and I can't wait to see how they end, hopefully not shit 

My favourite character is Jon because he's essentially the show's moral compass. He's always concerned with doing the right thing, and never interested in amassing power for his own gain.

2. Tyrion  

3. Jaime 

4. Arya  

5. Tywin

I also like Brienne and Jorah quite a bit, but unfortunately they didn't do too many interesting things this season. They just sort of floated around, for the most part. Brienne's fight with Arya was fantastic, however. 

As much as I love the series, it really does show that George R.R. Martin had very little input this season. A lot of the political nuance and moral complexity has been lost. It's still very entertaining, but more in the spirit of a mainstream Hollywood blockbuster, and less like the show it once was. 

"Fuck honour!"

"Fuck honour??!!"

Edited by Ajora

1. Tywin Lannister - My all time favorite TV character period, not only is the actor tremendous but the character himself is so complex and charismatic that i was hooked into every scene he was in.

2. Roose Bolton - Like Tywin in a lot of ways except even more cold and back stabbing.

3. Tyrion Lannister - Been in so many brilliant scenes and generally likeable due to his wit/smarts although the past 2-3 seasons have done him absolutely no favors.

4. Bronn - Always an entertaining character to watch with his chemistry with Jaime and Tyrion.

5. The Hound - Same as above except for his chemistry with Arya and The Brotherhood instead.

1 hour ago, antares031 said:

I've never watched that show, honestly.

If you like fantasy, politics and war, it's a pretty must-see show.  But granted it definitely isn't for everyone.

Personally, my top five are Arya, The Hound, Bronn, Podd and Ed Sheeran.

I think I may have got a bit carried away with naming Viserion as my favourite. I was just so gutted by his death. Anyway, here's my Top 5:

1. Bronn - he laughed at the name Dickon Tarly. He finds the same shit as funny as I do.
2. Lady Olenna - she had the bitchiest and best comebacks- oh, that mic drop at the end!
3. Tyrion Lannister - he's good-at-heart, smart, witty AND has a great sense of humour.
4. Tywin Lannister - he would have been a total arse-kicker when he was a young man.
5. Ygritte - I loved the way she made fun of Jon Snow - it made his scenes much better.

And now for my Top 5 in terms of eye candy:

1. Gendry - he's the kind of man I normally go for - dark, handsome, nice body.
2. Lancel Lannister - after he cut his hair, of course - long hair is gross.
3. Olyvar - I don't mind the occasional slighty-built, blonde, pretty boy.
4. Renly Baratheon - at least he might actually be up for some hide-the-sausage.
5. Podrick Payne - only if he does to me whatever he did to those whores.

:)