Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Apparently, the system requirements are available

Game-debate.com posted some DOOM 4 requirements. I'm not sure what these are worth though since nothing official has been said to the best of my knowledge. However, if they're true then I must say I'm happy - nothing overwhelming in terms of GPU / CPU. Many modern titles require a lot more. Here is the link:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=627&game=Doom%204

So what do you think? What may the source be? Does anyone who attended Quakecon know the system specs of machines which ran DOOM there?

I doubt it; you wouldn't typically see system specs this far away from a release date, would you?
Even if Doom comes out January 1st of next year, thats still over 2 months away.

My system is 3.16 GHz Duocore Processor, 4GB of RAM, and an AMD HD 5670 512MB. The only one of those I meet even the bare minimum requirements of is the RAM, oh well.

These seem to just be extrapolated up a bit from the stated minimum requirements for Wolf: TNO.

Those requirements are far too precise to be official. Official spec would read something like "Minimum - Quad core 2.8Ghz CPU, Recommended - Quad core 3.2Ghz CPU". Not "Intel i5-2500" I'd say these are best guess. I'd also like to hear exactly what orifice they pulled "38GB" out of.

Look at the specs for the PS4 and Xbone, add 25% more processing power, and that's the system requirement for PC games until the next console generation.

People still don't get I see. Any multiplatform game require:
i3 4130/gtx 750 ti/gtx 950 - this is what you need to match ps4 experience -prooved by Digital Foundry so many times...yet PC gamers go crazy when they think about specs.

Dice couldn't even acheive 1080p/60 with battlefront on ps4 and Doom is targeted to that setting. So I think those specs are legit, despte the fact that Bethesda always give crazy reqs for their games.

Besides we don't know at what settings exactly will game run on consoles...we don't know what video/performance settings will be available....there could very much be an ultra preset available for high end rigs with visual quality far ahead of anything consoles can render. Plus game was shown on pc it was absolutely clear that frame rate was unstable throughout the whole demo and we already can see downgrade like total absence of any dynamic shadow from projectiles not even every object cast a shadow from static lights and you seriously believe that those type of graphics would require a monster machine? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!

The best guess benchmark at the moment is Wolfenstein: The New Order (or Old Blood), since that uses the most similar engine.

Also id.dav - who said anything about "matching" a console experience? PC gamers generally want the best they can get, not to be on par with some other hardware.

It's also worth noting this, so much so that I will put it in bold.

DO NOT BUY UPGRADES FOR A VIDEO GAME THAT IS NOT OUT OR COMING OUT WITHIN A MONTH.

Case in point people did this for Doom 3, and underestimated what they would need and were disappointed. You don't know exactly what you'll want to run this game well, and you don't know what hardware will be available even a couple of months from now. Even if you won't be buying the latest bleeding edge PixelShovel9000 graphics card, new stuff coming out pushes the price of older stuff down.

AirRaid said:

The best guess benchmark at the moment is Wolfenstein: The New Order (or Old Blood), since that uses the most similar engine.

Also id.dav - who said anything about "matching" a console experience? PC gamers generally want the best they can get, not to be on par with some other hardware.

I'm saying about matching conoles since consoles are what they target if for if they'll acheive 1080/60 with those visuals we already saw in demo then I'll just applaud to id and it will be an indicator to what type of hardware one need to get 1080/60. But believe me I'm a PC dude and if there will be some pc exclusive enhancements then i'll apploud to id twice))

As for Wolf benchmark I'm not really sure since id tech 5 is based around virtuall texturing and transcoding ...wich is cpu heavy, if they still use virtuall texturing mechanics of some sort..then yes Wolf could be the best guess...but it seems Doom is more of a traditional tech..without all that "megatexture" trickery. But what do I know?)))

I wouldn't trust GameDebate if I were you. Back when RAGE was only announced and not out yet, its speculative system requirements were highly exaggerated.

MFG38 said:

I wouldn't trust GameDebate if I were you. Back when RAGE was only announced and not out yet, its speculative system requirements were highly exaggerated.

Meaning there is a chance the game will be even LESS demanding? That would be sweet :D

AirRaid said:

It's also worth noting this, so much so that I will put it in bold.

DO NOT BUY UPGRADES FOR A VIDEO GAME THAT IS NOT OUT OR COMING OUT WITHIN A MONTH.

Well put!

I find the specs to be suspicious, too, especially in regards with the GPU. I have a GTX 550 Ti that has served me well for several years (I'm due for a new GPU anyway though, but I need to talk to my brother about that...)