Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom Alpha chat brinksmanship thread

Alright, based on the video the speed actually seems fine. I think the Bethesda video was deliberately slower to show off the environment (like in the E3 SP video). Seems to be somewhere between normal and turbo speed.

Weapons have kinda low damage. Two rockets to kill a guy? Kinda strange.

DooM_RO said:

Alright, based on the video the speed actually seems fine. I think the Bethesda video was deliberately slower to show off the environment (like in the E3 SP video). Seems to be somewhere between normal and turbo speed.

Weapons have kinda low damage. Two rockets to kill a guy? Kinda strange.

I think they nerfed the weapons a bit In Multiplayer to be fair, but so far I didn't see the Main Menu music video OR the video AwesomeO linked taken down, I think by now Id Isn't a giving a shit. I could be wrong.

DooM_RO said:

Man, I really get it why Id are pushing for 60 FPS. It feels like SHIT at 30. Like a completely different game from the trailer.

Its weird I guess, but 30fps looks cool to me sometimes for some reason. Think it's a cinematic feeling that I like. 60fps is awesome of course. I think it's from all the time I had justifying having shitty rigs growing up, but its different for sure :) Kinda like having the fps lock settings just to go back and forth between them sometimes

MrDeAD1313 said:

Its weird I guess, but 30fps looks cool to me sometimes for some reason. Think it's a cinematic feeling that I like.

30FPS isn't cinematic. That's 24FPS.

MrDeAD1313 said:

Its weird I guess, but 30fps looks cool to me sometimes for some reason. Think it's a cinematic feeling that I like.

Movies are traditionally shot at 24 frames per second. 30 is typically reserved for live TV events, soap operas and the like. People specifically complain about how 30 doesn't look cinematic.

DemonSphere said:

I don't think I've ran into anyone from here yet :(.

If that's your in-game name I'm pretty sure we've been on the same team a couple times last night.

Obzen said:

The answer to this will surprise you...

What does this mean? Strafe run or no strafe run? Graphics aside, does this feel like Doom 1/2 at all?

AHHHHHHH. AHHHHHH. AHHHH!

so what I can say is (without saying too much).... if you had any doubts or worries, throw those fears right out the window.

this is.... addictive. adrenaline pumping. oh yisss. haven't fragged like this in over a decade =D

My excitement and anticipation increased ten-fold.

btw, nice running into you earlier Baron of Heck, lol. especially considering it was at the end of your barrel :p

I gotta say, I am really surprised it runs as well as it does on my computer, considering my less-than-spectacular processor. I was real worried I wouldn't be able to run it at all honestly. Hoping the Single Player runs just as well.

Also nice to see some of the people in this thread in game.

Stale Meat said:

I gotta say, I am really surprised it runs as well as it does on my computer, considering my less-than-spectacular processor. I was real worried I wouldn't be able to run it at all honestly. Hoping the Single Player runs just as well.

Also nice to see some of the people in this thread in game.

was just playing against you a couple matches ago stale meat. you were whooping my teams ass lol.

LOL! It's getting harder and harder to not talk about it! It's VERY fun. Def keeps you going 'Just one more match' until it's dawn the next morning. Ahhhh, what a good feeling knowing that we have a GREAT game on the horizon :)

tourettes said:

What does this mean? Strafe run or no strafe run? Graphics aside, does this feel like Doom 1/2 at all?

I'm not in the alpha, but from what I've heard you actually move slower when strafing than just running forward.

wheresthebeef said:

I'm not in the alpha, but from what I've heard you actually move slower when strafing than just running forward.

That is not good!

Hey guys! Last night, me and some other mates went for a night out and afterwards we all went back to my friend Kaleb's place (I don't believe he browses here but if you do PM me and I'll remove your name, sorry!). He's a big doomer like the rest of you guys and managed to get into the closed alpha. Now, technically, I'm not under any NDA so I'm allowed to share details. I only played 5 mins because we were rotating but from what I played it is very good. I've been a fan since the 90s and it blew me away. First of all, don't let the youtube videos deceive you, on there the game looks like it runs at about 40fps but for me it ran at a constant 60fps. Another complaint you guys had was that the plasma gun didn't have much weight to it. It feels way more powerful when you're in control. From the 5 minutes I played, the game is great! It does need a bit of balancing but other than that it's super fun, I for one was expecting the multiplayer to be shit (I think the Halo 4 devs did the MP) but it was great. I doubt any of you will be disappointed.

Again, I only played for 5 minutes so that's about all I can remember, sorry I can't share more but despite wanting to hog the game it's polite to let other people have a go lol.

Edit: This was on PS4

I'm somewhere around 24 hours or so of gameplay on PS4 and I probably won't be sleeping more than a couple hours between now and tomorrow night. I'm satisfied though. They'll do just fine. :) I've sent my TL;DR version of my feedback to them. Didn't realize there was a character limit. Smart on their part. I do tend to ramble a bit.

DooM_RO said:

What about the Sacred Artifact, the Mother of all Guns? How does the mighty SSG feel?

It definitely packs a punch. I believe they nerfed it for mp though looking back on the sp footage, the reload time is longer in multiplayer and I could be wrong but I believe it does less damage than in singleplayer.

AwesomeO-789 said:

It definitely packs a punch. I believe they nerfed it for mp though looking back on the sp footage, the reload time is longer in multiplayer and I could be wrong but I believe it does less damage than in singleplayer.

Could also be the E3 SP footage isn't final and it's been changed in that too.
Also doesn't mean this is final either; it could easily change more by the time the final version releases

I expect quite a few changes from the alpha to full release. It's really good and fun, but its still alpha. Can't wait till beta comes out and people can see for themselves :)

Nice! Glad you got to play It, I'll have to play It In Spring sadly, though. In the meantime I've been playing this mod called Dumb 4 to help numb the hype.

From what I saw In that video, the weapons did feel like It packed a punch. Even If I wasn't playing It. I'm sure this Is gonna be the best DOOM yet.

The Alpha has officially ended.

And I'm officially having withdraws. :(

moar.

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly an amazing game. I'm thoroughly impressed! Can't believe it's over..

To all you poor, poor bastards that didn't get in this go, good luck with the next drawing. You're in for a tasty treat :)

MrDeAD1313 said:

Truly an amazing game. I'm thoroughly impressed! Can't believe it's over..

To all you poor, poor bastards that didn't get in this go, good luck with the next drawing. You're in for a tasty treat :)

Really was. I was entirely skeptical at first... and honestly, over the years, lost interest in FPS arena-style/DM multiplay.

This was literally the best FPS MP that I've played since the DOOM/Quake/Quake 2/Quake 3/UT era. Generally I'd get tired of running through a map after a few times, but this just kept getting better every match.

It brought back the excitement and intensity that I though was well over a decade gone, and it amplified it ten-fold.

Albeit some minor things that can't be discussed, it's perfect. Get psych'd, skrubs.