Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rdwpa

prBoom+ minimizing for no apparent reason

A few times a day, prBoom+ will leave fullscreen mode for no apparent reason -- by that, I mean the process automatically minimizes and I'm sent back to my desktop with the game still running, unpaused. This is very annoying, especially when it happens midfight and results in deaths!

No "popups", such as computer updates, are stealing my computer's attention. I'm not pressing any special keys or combinations thereof -- this happens when I'm watching demos too. I'm using Windows 8. This doesn't happen with any other programs I use.

Any ideas what's happening or how to fix whatever the hell this is? I started using fullscreen mode only recently, and this has never happened with any other source ports I've used.

rdwpa said:

I'm not pressing any special keys or combinations thereof

What about accidentally pressed (and/or oversensitive) extra mouse buttons or touchpad?

scifista42 said:

What about accidentally pressed extra mouse buttons or oversensitive touchpad?

It happens when I'm not touching the computer at all too. In fact I posted this right after it happened while I was sitting back and watching a demo.

I had the same problem when I played on my father's computer. Windows 7. Undoubtedly it's some background process interfering but I have no idea which one.

Are you pressing Alt+Space when this happens?

SDL 1.2 does *not* properly disable Win32 system menu commands and Alt+Space just happens to mean "open system menu."

EDIT: never mind you said it can happen regardless. What are your system power settings? Is anything set to shut off or go to lower power state after 10-15 minutes?

Quasar said:

Are you pressing Alt+Space when this happens?

SDL 1.2 does *not* properly disable Win32 system menu commands and Alt+Space just happens to mean "open system menu."

Would it be possible that if rdwpa watched a demo, and the player in the demo pressed Alt+Space, PrBoom-plus would interpret it as a system command from rdwpa's computer?

scifista42 said:

Would it be possible that if rdwpa watched a demo, and the player in the demo pressed Alt+Space, PrBoom-plus would interpret it as a system command from rdwpa's computer?

No because Doom only places recorded demo inputs into its internal event structures; it doesn't actually play back keystrokes at a system level.

Alt+Space doesn't do anything like that for me in prBoom+. I closed a few completely unneeded background processes, and it hasn't happened in two days. So one of them was probably to blame.