Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
torridgristle

3DLUT Doom Palette for Photoshop etc

Preview graphics in Doom colours with an adjustment layer.

Download

To use these in Photoshop: Create a Colour Lookup adjustment layer and load one of the files, it doesn't matter which. They're both the same just different formats for other programs to use them.

Now, it's not going to be exactly what it'll look like when actually paletted due to interpolation in the 3DLUTs (otherwise they're virtually unusable ~500MB files judging by previous attempts) but it'll be close and give you good idea of what something will look like when paletted, especially the colours.

GIMP does have "display filters", but there is not one which can palettize the image (I suspect it would not be too hard to write one though).

For GIMP there may be something you can do with an ICC colour profile.

I'm not 100% on the specifics, but I believe you can make a level 16 Hald CLUT, run that through the Doom palette, back to 8bits/channel RGB, then make a TXT document containing all of the original level 16 Hald CLUT RGB values (maybe in decimal, not entirely sure how it wants it formatted) followed by their paletted values in the same lines, and then turn it into an ICC colour profile with SampleICC since it has a CLUT -> ICC Profile function.

the gimp can paletize images, load palletes, and it has RGB layers. One just needs to get used to its user interface. (which is easier than photoshop imho.)

FireFish said:

the gimp can paletize images, load palletes, and it has RGB layers. One just needs to get used to its user interface. (which is easier than photoshop imho.)

So can Photoshop, but that's not what the OP is describing at all -- this is a feature that applies a palette-based color lookup to the image in real time while it's still being edited in true color.

Also, GIMP seems to do even the most basic things (like "select something and move it around") in ways that are so backwards and foreign to every other image editor I've ever used, that I can't imagine trying to do serious work in it.

esselfortium said:

This is a feature that applies a palette-based color lookup to the image in real time while it's still being edited in true color.

Oh, i must have focused on the LUT part to much. This sounds like a nice feature.