Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sajbear

7 Sins - Mega map - Come and test it out! Report bugs!

Hello everyone!
My Doom 2 map "7 Sins" is now complete and I would love for you guys to test it out!
It's a HUGE map based on the seven sins of man!
It does not require Brutal Doom, but its made with it in mind! (It just looks so much more badass! ;) )

Wad Only download: (1.4)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4yQASmFL0boVzR6OFRzY3V6dUE/view?usp=sharing

Wad with brutal doom + gzdoom (Doom2.wad NOT included): (1.4)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4yQASmFL0boMzVmSnl2U1V1eVk/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4yQASmFL0bobXNNcHc5TjNubUU&usp=sharing

Feedback and especially bug reports are more than welcome!
Enjoy!

Changelog:
* Moved two enemies
* One secret was broken, now its fixed.

v1.2
Changelog:
* Made some sectors impassable
* raised some plattforms
* Added some enemies
* Made more enemies deaf
* Fixed some texture errors
* Fixed some exploits
* Tweaked difficulty

v1.3
Changelog:
* Fixed some doors being set to SR instead of DR >_< (thanks gaspe & rdwpa)
* Fixed one mirror effect error.
* Tweaked a door secret
* Fixed (hopefully) unclosed sectors at bloodfall linedefs 5061 and 6551 to 6557.
* Unstuck thing 875
* Fixed some bad texture alignments
* Added a little more ammo on the last part of the map

v1.4
Changelog:
* Fixed 2x compatibility issues (thanks scifista42 & Caleb13)

EDIT: It should work with anyport that have removed the linedef restrictions.
EDIT2: It REQUIRES doom2.wad
EDIT3: Version 1.3 released!
EDIT4: Version 1.4 released!

If you made it with Brutal Doom in mind, I'll definitely play it with that. But will it work with BD v19? I can't stand v20.

Zulk-RS said:

If you made it with Brutal Doom in mind, I'll definitely play it with that. But will it work with BD v19? I can't stand v20.

It should work with anything. Its made with just the doom2.wad so it's not made specific for Brutal Doom. It just the way I prefer to play it.

It needs a port that doesn't have limitations the scrolling line defs though.

...Sure there's a lot of stuff from what i can see from the screenshots, also a lot of SLOPPY2 Textures in the second half of the map!

walter confalonieri said:

...Sure there's a lot of stuff from what i can see from the screenshots, also a lot of SLOPPY2 Textures in the second half of the map!

Thats just about 1/8 of the total map size ;) (that have sloppy2) :P

Voros said:

Looks awesome! I think I'll record my gameplay with this

Awesome! Post a link when your done and enjoy! :D

oh yeah! is this compatible with Zandronum, Doom Legacy, etc? You said its for Doom 2, so does that mean i can also play it in Final Doom(they have the same map system-MAP01,MAP02,etc)?

Voros said:

oh yeah! is this compatible with GZDoom, Zandronum, Doom Legacy, etc?

I tested it with GzDoom and it worked great. It's in reality a vanilla map so it should work with anything except ports that doesn't have the linedef restrictions removed. (Since its huge)

It requires doom2.wad.

You should change the map name to MAP02.
I want to run After the Holocaust(MAP01) then 7sins.

It works fine for final doom. Update that bit so users won't think its doom 2 only.

Should work perfect in all limit removing ports. Really damn fun map, spent 40 minutes on this one :) Died about 5 or 6 times all up, but loved how it went through those varying themes. Things like the dead marine with the blood splat were a really nice touch, and I laughed when I got to the Wolf SS bit.

Very oldschool overall, and that's a thing I love. Also love the wad name, I released one called SinSeven.wad recently funnily enough. The Cyberdemon battle was good fun and was fair, but on the final run through all the guts, I had the use the chainsaw a little more than I would like. A bit more ammo would be appreciated.

I only found about half of the secrets, but they all seemed to be fair - slight texture difference, hidden switch, etc.

I enjoyed this quite a lot overall. Very few flaws I noticed, other than a couple texture misalignments, but nothing that detracted from the gameplay. Keep up the fine work!

sajbear said:

I tested it with GzDoom and it worked great. It's in reality a vanilla map so it should work with anything except ports that doesn't have the linedef restrictions removed. (Since its huge)

It requires doom2.wad.

Nah, it won't work in most ports because you have mapping errors in the first area that trap the player: two zero-tagged SR doors, sectors 106 and 108. GZDoom automatically fixes errors like this.

Needs larger areas to suit the fighting, I mean its so many powerful enemies and so little weaponary. But so much fun to challenge yourself with... I need to practice my skills

Voros said:

You should change the map name to MAP02.
I want to run After the Holocaust(MAP01) then 7sins.

Don't really want to since then you have to start with console.

Voros said:

It works fine for final doom. Update that bit so users won't think its doom 2 only.

Updated the first post, and if I release a new version, the readme will be updated as well.

Doomkid said:

Should work perfect in all limit removing ports. Really damn fun map, spent 40 minutes on this one :) Died about 5 or 6 times all up, but loved how it went through those varying themes. Things like the dead marine with the blood splat were a really nice touch, and I laughed when I got to the Wolf SS bit.

Very oldschool overall, and that's a thing I love. Also love the wad name, I released one called SinSeven.wad recently funnily enough. The Cyberdemon battle was good fun and was fair, but on the final run through all the guts, I had the use the chainsaw a little more than I would like. A bit more ammo would be appreciated.

I only found about half of the secrets, but they all seemed to be fair - slight texture difference, hidden switch, etc.

I enjoyed this quite a lot overall. Very few flaws I noticed, other than a couple texture misalignments, but nothing that detracted from the gameplay. Keep up the fine work!

Thank you! Glad you liked it! :)

If you can supply screenshots of the misalignments, that would help me a lot! :)

rdwpa said:

Nah, it won't work in most ports because you have mapping errors in the first area that trap the player: two zero-tagged SR doors, sectors 106 and 108. GZDoom automatically fixes errors like this.

How do I fix these errors? The don't show up in doom builder :/

Voros said:

Needs larger areas to suit the fighting, I mean its so many powerful enemies and so little weaponary. But so much fun to challenge yourself with... I need to practice my skills

I like it tight! ;)

sajbear said:

EDIT3: Apparently works with finaldoom as well! :)

Wads that work for Doom 2 will work for Final Doom too, that's not necessary to write it.

sajbear said:

How do I fix these errors? The don't show up in doom builder :/

If you want to use a switch action for the door you have to give a tag to the sector of the door and the linedef that opens it. Otherwise you have to use the door lindefs type (DR, D1) which don't require a tag.

Well...This is definitely NOT a beginner map...I can see why you said it was meant for Brutal Doom.

I love the intense action of this map, but you really should change it to MAP02, since MAP01 is ALWAYS easy(Vanilla). No harm done. Plus After the Holocaust has around 200-400 enemies(at least, I forgot), so the next level could be this, a 700 enemy level...Beginners, don't try this.

gaspe said:

Wads that work for Doom 2 will work for Final Doom too, that's not necessary to write it.

Ok thanks!

gaspe said:

If you want to use a switch action for the door you have to give a tag to the sector of the door and the linedef that opens it. Otherwise you have to use the door lindefs type (DR, D1) which don't require a tag.

Yeah I saw that now >_< Such a n00b error :(
Will be fixed in 1.3.

Found something(not sure what).
on one of the secrets where there is a bezerk pack in a room with a ceiling crusher.
there are two weird oval sectors on the ceiling and in game, this causes the camera to..."make copies" like when you go outside a map with noclip. this happens ONLY when I am standing in one those sectors.

You know, this map will be awesome to play with a team of gamers.
(Marine Army vs Demon Hordes!)
Someone should start a server for Multiplayer Co-Op on this map!

Voros said:

Found something(not sure what).
on one of the secrets where there is a bezerk pack in a room with a ceiling crusher.
there are two weird oval sectors on the ceiling and in game, this causes the camera to..."make copies" like when you go outside a map with noclip. this happens ONLY when I am standing in one those sectors.

It will be fixed for 1.3 :)

It only shows up when you die right and the crusher slows down, right?

Voros said:

so does that mean i can also play it in Final Doom(they have the same map system-MAP01,MAP02,etc)?

Final Doom is 2 separate IWADS which have nothing to do with Doom 2 and you probably shouldn't try to run a Doom 2 PWAD under them.

sajbear said:

It will be fixed for 1.3 :)

It only shows up when you die right and the crusher slows down, right?

Actually, I was in god mode just to see the layout of the map and I found that.

But during death and when it rises again, a small hint is showing that, yes.

How do you get past that room?

SavageCorona said:

Final Doom is 2 separate IWADS which have nothing to do with Doom 2 and you probably shouldn't try to run a Doom 2 PWAD under them.

There not THAT different that loading a PWAD will result a fatal error! Final Doom is basically an official conversion of Doom 2 in two forms, so anything Doom 2 related will probably work depending on what the wad does. Plus, its a map wad not a gameplay wad, so nothing drastic to be worried about.

Voros said:

Update! This map works with Chocolate Doom!

ehh...it gave me an error on Chocolate Doom.