Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

The most overrated games you've played

jazzmaster9 said:

I think thats pushing it a little

I'm not. Bioshock truly is for people who are too stupid to play SS2.

kristus said:

Half Life
A bland game that everyone else loved for whatever reason.

Painkiller
A game for people who are too stupid to play Doom.

Bio shock
A game for people who are too stupid to play System Shock 2.

Bio Shock Infinite
A game for people who will endure anything for the sake of a decent story with an interesting narrative.

Mmm, there's generally a good smattering of truth here.

Any of 3d 3rd person zelda games. The controls are horrid, puzzles are stupid. If you had this same quality in an original intellectual property it would be torn to shreds. But because it's Zelda it's the best thing evar. Put a triforce on everything OMG XD. You could put a triforce on a toilet seat and people would buy it.

kristus said:

I'm not. Bioshock truly is for people who are too stupid to play SS2.

Well I Disagree. BioShock does a lot thing better that SS2 did not.
Controls (I'm looking at you clunky mouse look) Story, Streamlined gameplay.

I love SS2. but I consider BioShock on par with it.

I did the same too. I from Gen3-->Gen2-->Gen1---->Gen4 (haven't completed it).

Though Gen3 (Ruby) is my favorite Pokemon game, Gen2 had a certain charm to it. Never did like Gen1 though.

System Shock 2 is a survival horror where as Bioshock is quake with magic powers and while they clearly both have things in common they are adhering to very different design philosophies. Neither is a 'better' version of the other.

Bioshock Infinite is pretty bad though (well the game part of it was).

Captain Red said:

Bioshock is quake with magic powers.

Now what did Quake ever do to you? :pp

As in. I don't agree that is an apt comparison. Simply put. BioShock is a casual joke of an fps while Quake is as far away from casual as you will get.

System Shock 2 and Bioshock are two different games. Both are good in their own rights.

Simplified =/= bad

kristus said:

Painkiller
A game for people who are too stupid to play Doom.

Because of that "next location" arrow in the HUD?

jazzmaster9 said:

Simplified =/= bad

Quake is simple. But deep.
BioShock, while a lot more simple than SS2, got a bunch of complexities but is about as shallow in it's game play as a puddle.

The most overrated, and I mean, THE MOST overrated piece of garbage would be Five Nights at Freddy's, I use to enjoy It till It's fanbase just ruined It for me, It's cancer.

That and the Slenderman games.

Pedro VC said:

That Slenderman game always seemed to me a direct and lesser ripoff from Ghoul's Forest 3.

Slenderman seems more like a ripoff of Cabadath from the Chzo Mythos series.

kristus said:

Quake is simple. But deep.
BioShock, while a lot more simple than SS2, got a bunch of complexities but is about as shallow in it's game play as a puddle.

The controls were horendous in system Shock 2 but had awsome rpg elements.

BioShock simpliefied the rpg elements but at least the enemies had actuall Ai and I could actually aim properly and actually fight back.

Shallow gameplay? I don't buy that.
It was on Par.

The System Shock 2 controls are fine!*

Spoiler

*after a shitload of remapping so that they closer resemble a more action focused FPS. :P

Also don't take the 'Popular Games you Hate 2015 edition' thread seriously.

Captain Red said:

The System Shock 2 controls are fine!*

Spoiler

*after a shitload of remapping so that they closer resemble a more action focused FPS. :P

Also don't take the 'Popular Games you Gate 2015 edition' thread seriously.

Configuring your keys for a game should be pretty common practice. People complaining about bad controlls in terms off key layouts only have themselves to blame and nothing else.

And yeah, this thread is beginning to read as : "hate the popular, tease the modern, and bash on others".

While its not the most overrated I've ever played A Story About My Uncle is overrated. Game looks great, plays good, but its a game based on first person platforming with a grappling hook that has no conflict. Without conflict its dull. Reviews of other games complain about how floaty a jump is oh but not A Story About My Uncle. Its float city. What's awesome is that its so floaty you can bounce off rocks like you're a pinball. Maybe its the suit you're wearing.

I'm not sure what's worse; It manages to make a feature out of everything that Rayman 2 had for granted 15+ years ago or that its still a step above better rated games like Dear Esther.

Gonna have to go with dark souls. I think it's a fantastic title but for the life of me I cannot defend the gameplay of this title past Anor Londo. It feels rushed, becomes cryptic in some cases and you get a lot of repeated enemies + awful bosses.

It's a shame since the first half is pure quality (well...... maybe not the capra demon fight)

Guest Unregistered account
joe-ilya said:

Team fortress 2

Lol wut?

Is this in some way related to the way fans keep bashing it for each update it gets?

Dime said:

Gonna have to go with dark souls. I think it's a fantastic title but for the life of me I cannot defend the gameplay of this title past Anor Londo. It feels rushed, becomes cryptic in some cases and you get a lot of repeated enemies + awful bosses.

It's a shame since the first half is pure quality (well...... maybe not the capra demon fight)

Yeah, I agree.

I can't stand Dark Souls anywhere capra demon or up, it just becomes an exercise in shady shit (fuck blightown, send it to hell along with new londo).

Well there's games which get highly rated for difficulty alone, look at Battle Toads for example.

Joe667 said:

Lol wut?

Is this in some way related to the way fans keep bashing it for each update it gets?

No, it's because the community spends more time trading random stuff instead of actually playing.

Guest Unregistered account
joe-ilya said:

No, it's because the community spends more time trading random stuff instead of actually playing.

Okay... that doesn't make it overrated.
Also the traders-to-players ratio is 1:7.

joe-ilya said:

Usually Russians and Serbians they can make money flipping buds to keys to metal and back again. When the Steam market came out that slowly killed it. Metal is worthless and regenerates for free. I have a lot of friends with idle accounts and a few friends with 400 - 500 idle accounts. With the market killing the trade for money, one friend with 500 accounts said he switched to a different business model... you pay him $5 per account and that an account a copy of a game, he idles the game for X number of hours and writes a 1 paragraph recommendation.

There is another TF2 trading game called the warehouse game or rather there used to be. The TF2 warehouse used to stabilize prices, because they'd pay you a higher price of metal to sell to them. Then the person that takes it out would pay an even higher price. Then scrap.tf came out. Then warehouse they changed their formula where they pay lower and sell lower. So it works in reverse you need to get stuff out and sell it yourself. Kinda killed the warehouse game.

As for the rest of us, just play it. Don't get sucked up in the trading game.