Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

I need the name of an old video game.

I am looking for a name of an old video game that I have forgotten. I originally played the demo on the original Xbox and I have since lost the game disk. I describe the game as a third person war shooter set in Vietnam. It had nice detail with foliage and water, nice exploration where better weapons and gear were stored in remote places and it had the ability to call on a helicopter when the mission was complete. The demo level had you treading through the water in the forest and ended with a small village where you had a nice shootout with the enemy. I don’t remember the title, any suggestions.

Halfblind said:

I am looking for a name of an old video game that I have forgotten. I originally played the demo on the original Xbox and I have since lost the game disk. I describe the game as a third person war shooter set in Vietnam. It had nice detail with foliage and water, nice exploration where better weapons and gear were stored in remote places and it had the ability to call on a helicopter when the mission was complete. The demo level had you treading through the water in the forest and ended with a small village where you had a nice shootout with the enemy. I don’t remember the title, any suggestions.

Maybe Far Cry?

Never played it, but does Shellshock: Nam '67 sound right?

I remember seeing it when people still rented games from a physical store, and it was third person. I opted for Men of Valor, which was a first person Vietnam game for the original Xbox, had co-op as well, which was pretty fun.

Edit: And Bucket beat me to the suggestion.

Bucket said:

According to Wikipedia, there were three Vietnam games for the original XBox.

Shellshock Nam '67

That's the game. I don't like a lot of war based games but I liked that one for some reason. Maybe now If they have the game on the PC I could try finding it and playing it all the way through. Thanks so much for helping me learn its name.