Insomniak

Commander Keen TC

Just an idea I had.

all the commander keen baddies.

powerups like the Ankh.

Raygun, VortiPistol, Neural Stunner

textures from the games

sound interesting?

A Keen TC would be kinda fun. The problem would be redrawing the enemies with all the new angles they'd need to look somewhat "normal" in the DOOM engine...

A keen doom tc huh?

........... somehow..... I don't think so, dawg. Blastic keen's punk ass is one thing.... playin as him, and runnin around shootin dumb fags for enemies...... YUK!!!!

I don't know, I think that's an unfair reaction. I didn't think someone could do a 3rd person game like Sonic the Hedgehog well until that Legacy version came out a couple of months ago.

DC

Actually I think it could be cool. So cool I would be willing to do some actual work on it if anyone would start something SERIOUS with an actual chance of being completed.

I can do all sorts of graphics, but i'm not very keen on any kind of programming/dehacking.

Insomniac said:

Just an idea I had.

all the commander keen baddies.

powerups like the Ankh.

Raygun, VortiPistol, Neural Stunner

textures from the games

sound interesting?

Get away from me. Now.

I think that the commander keen games are fun and all, but it just won't work as a DOOM TC, sorry.

I have an even better idea for a Doom TC! MORTAL KOMBAT DOOM@*($@*#%()@ Or maybe DOOM DOOM, or Hexen Doom or Doom Hexen Doom Strife Heretic Duke 3d Shadow Warrior Blood Doom II Doom!

I'm making a Keen fangame, writing an engine from scratch, will use 3D models but will be presented in the Keen 4-6 fashion i.e. it looks 3Dish (in reality this will be 3D as opposed to the 2D hacks Carmack used to make it look quasi-3D). Started work on it the earlier month, got sidetracked because of a school assignment, code I'm developing for the school assignment can be used with this keen game so that kinda pays off.

GooberMan said:

I'm making a Keen fangame, writing an engine from scratch, will use 3D models but will be presented in the Keen 4-6 fashion i.e. it looks 3Dish (in reality this will be 3D as opposed to the 2D hacks Carmack used to make it look quasi-3D). Started work on it the earlier month, got sidetracked because of a school assignment, code I'm developing for the school assignment can be used with this keen game so that kinda pays off.

Don't forget to make keen's skin white :-P

dsm said:

Don't forget to make keen's skin white :-P

damn white boy!

/me looks at his skin

oh, wait...

unless I can find someone willing to donate a Keen model, there's a good chance I'll have to do it myself, which means there's a good chance it'll look like shit :P

Doom-Child said:

I don't know, I think that's an unfair reaction. I didn't think someone could do a 3rd person game like Sonic the Hedgehog well until that Legacy version came out a couple of months ago.

DC

Where the heck do I get that?

damn white boy!

/me looks at his skin

oh, wait...

/me slaps Sleepy.... er Insomniac upside his head for bein dumb! :P

P.S. wtf is up wit mah title? I finally get one again and it makes no fuckin sense at all.... figures.
:/

Da_Esco² said:

/me slaps Sleepy.... er Insomniac upside his head for bein dumb! :P

P.S. wtf is up wit mah title? I finally get one again and it makes no fuckin sense at all.... figures.
:/

That isn't a custom title, it's your status...heh, Green Marine.

HAHAHAHAAA!

And the Keen skin at Boingo's skin site has a few cool Keen4 noises (All together now folks: DOODOODOODOODOODOO!

Why make a game about Keen when you have Pogo the Bouncing Monkey?

/me patiently waits for someone to get that joke.

Wait longer, because I have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Fod: HEH! Nice title dawg! I always knew you had a thing for lil boys.
:P

P.S. And yet even longer........