Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hypr

whats randoom.exe?

It supposedly randomizes everything in a given wad, e.g., Doom or Doom2.wad.
But it doesn't do anything. It just gives you a bunch of errors and tries to ruin your given wad.

DooMBoy said:

It supposedly randomizes everything in a given wad, e.g., Doom or Doom2.wad.
But it doesn't do anything. It just gives you a bunch of errors and tries to ruin your given wad.

That's what D! was made for

Stupidity cannot be concealed

D! d!zone ? hmm it goes back to 1995 when it was 1st started and i had a real good doom addon cd

I think randoom is a mixtures of some source port and SLIGE, so it automagically generates new levels for you to play.

" RanDOOM is a utility which will randomize the placement of objects in the DOOM playfield. Additionally, RanDOOM has some smarts and fixes major problems that other randomizers have. RanDOOM allows you to tailor its randomizing to your personal taste. RanDOOM has the capability to randomize and create PWAD files as well."

Google is great.

so bassically it changes the layout of the levels , adds new monsters , and puts items in ?

hypr said:

so bassically it changes the layout of the levels , adds new monsters , and puts items in ?

No, I remember this utility... It basically just swaps everything around... every object is kept in it's place, but the actual item is different. It can lead to some problems like getting hell barons stuck in walls where a health potion was...

it's not terribly useful...

Lol. I remember a wad called adam.wad (I think) that I played a coop on in csDoom or ZDaemon and the host said that his computer had generated it, so I guess he used a similar program then.