Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Help me with ZDoomgl

The first time I ever got ZDoomgl to work was a few months ago. Since then I have tried to get the thing to work and I can't remember how you get the thing to load. When I load it up (using the -nomd2 parameter), the game loads up reeeaaaallllyyyy slow and the screen res dips down to 256 colors. Then I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of the mess.
I have a Voodoo3.

When I had a 3dfx card I had to put a copy of my opengl32.dll & glide*.dll files into my doom folder to get any GL port to work...

DooMBoy said:

The first time I ever got ZDoomgl to work was a few months ago. Since then I have tried to get the thing to work and I can't remember how you get the thing to load. When I load it up (using the -nomd2 parameter), the game loads up reeeaaaallllyyyy slow and the screen res dips down to 256 colors. Then I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of the mess.
I have a Voodoo3.

Hmm, make sure "vid_defbits" is set to "16" in the "zdoom.cfg" file. The new ZDoomGL uses it's own CVAR for bitdepth, so this problem is circumvented (now I just have to finish it) :)