Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Secret Levels?

wonder if there will be any Doom III secret levels.

it would be funny if there was a level that looked like classic doom. where you attack the classic monsters like the ss nazi in Doom II.

would be neat (and funny) if they did include any...

Whatever the secret level is, it'd better darn well be easter eggish. Games with secret levels that are just like any other level are so incredibly stupid.

AndrewB said:

Whatever the secret level is, it'd better darn well be easter eggish. Games with secret levels that are just like any other level are so incredibly stupid.

I second that. It would be interesting to exploit the new engine for a new kind of easter egginess though...

Joe Doom said:

one word: Hanger

I dunno. E1M1 never seemed like a particularly interesting map to me, so if they remake an old map for nostalgia's sake they better take a good one.

I'd prefer secret areas instead of secret levels. John Carmack's office, maybe (with that 28" monitor and a fishbowl with a moving Dopefish in it). Or the UAC Arcade, with 'old' games like Doom, Quake 3 and Commander Keen. That kind of thing.

Well, with there being word of a terminal system with its own operating system, maybe there'll be a way to hack into the system, browse the server's files, and find an executable version of Doom in it.

The terminal system and internal OS is just speculation. I'm pretty sure that rumour came about because someone got a little over excited with the idea that you could actually input stuff into keypads instead of pressing it once and getting through. Heh, it would be interesting to see, but I doubt it will happen.

I'm torn between whether I'd want to see keypads used like in the gameplay video, or whether we should actually see the Doom guy enter in the codes himself, instead of them magically appearing on the screen.

I mean, his weapon is lowered while the code is being entered, seeing him put in the combination wouldn't matter gameplay wise.

Besides, it'd require a lot of work on animation (and programming?) for a thing that isn't crucial to gameplay. I think it's good enough that the weapon is lowered while switches are operated.

Lord FlatHead said:

It would probably be tough to align the player's hand model with the buttons so that it looks realistic enough.

No, it's pretty easy. Provided that for some unexplainable reason you have an extra week to add stuff to your game.

I wonder if they have the guts to include Nazi's in Doom III.
They'd probably look cool though. Imagine one of those zombies from the 11-minutevideo in a Nazi-uniform with glowing eyes and false teeth.

/Yells Mein leben!!

Disorder said:

I wonder if they have the guts to include Nazi's in Doom III.
They'd probably look cool though. Imagine one of those zombies from the 11-minutevideo in a Nazi-uniform with glowing eyes and false teeth.

/Yells Mein leben!!

Am I the only one who thinks that would be lame?

Alientank said:

I wonder if there will be a wolfenstein level

If there is (which I doubt), it would likely be a RtCW level - and that means that none of them yells "Mein Leben!".