Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New ZDoom

I see that there's a new version of ZDoom out, bringing the Linux/Win32 Doom port up to version 1.22. New in this version? Well...

[list]

• Scroll_Texture_Both and TranslucentLine specials can now be used from ACS.
  • Fixed compiler-dependent cvar ordering during netgame arbitration.
  • Fixed certain polyobject movement combinations that would not stop even though they were supposed to.
  • Did some cleanup for Alpha processors.

• I think that the second one is another way of saying that Win32 and Linux users can now play multiplayer games versus one another, since that's what Randy also goes into detail about in his news update.

Guest Anonymous User

ZDoom rules, I can't wait to start my work on it. Go Randy!!

Guest Anonymous User

Good,, a linux port, that's nice.. But where is the FreeBSD port?!?!

Guest pagb666

Damn, it still crashes on my system!!!!

Guest Anonymous User

I hope Randy decides to make a new DOS version of it soon. Not everyone has ultra-fast Pentium III's with tons of memory to play Doom on...

Guest zsignal

This one still hasn't fixed the bad.. uh what shall i call it.. 'wall choppyness' which is visible when you cross a linedef. maybe it's the nodebuilder i'm using but i doubt it

Guest Anonymous User

The Doom engine uses polar coordinates to draw walls. If a wall comes very near the origin, it is hard to represent accurately and will distort. Other wall choppiness is caused because the Doom engine converts world coordinates to screen coordinates too soon and loses precision that way.

Guest Risen

I agree there should be a DOS version. Now that I've got a fast box I do enjoy the new features, but I hated it when I had my 486/66 and nothing ran well but vanilla DOOM. Also, if Randy's rebuilding the engine, maybe the line drawing bugs will get ironed out in the process.

Guest Anonymous User

Not everyone has ultra fast pentiumIII w/ tons of memory but I do. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ho Ho Ho Ho Merry Christman.

Guest Anonymous User

Not everyone has ultra fast pentiumIII w/ tons of memory but I do. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ho Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas.

Guest Anonymous User

i fell sorry for ya #5 you should get a new computer

Guest Anonymous User

Thanks to all who are involved in and support this project. I just love the mouse look and jumping features. Keep up the good work! Dave (Slave of DooM)

Guest Anonymous User

Anonymous User - Monday Dec 13 11:28:35 1999 - DOS... must have DOS... I hope Randy decides to make a new DOS version of it soon. Not everyone has ultra-fast Pentium III's with tons of memory to play Doom on... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Though I have a P166 with Win95, and it runs WinZdoom OK, I still use Dos 6.22 and Win 3.1 for many of my tasks. I hate having to boot up Win95 just to play some of the wads. Also, many users *don't* have Win 95 or Linux on their computers. I don't think Dos should be abandoned at all, and a new port should be released (I am not much of a C programmer, but I don't see why the video libraries used in 1.17c can't be used with the updated source code). --Balanco00@my-deja.com~

Guest Anonymous User

ZDoom is my favorite Doom port.... i run almost all wads on it!!!

Guest Anonymous User

Anonymous User - Wednesday Dec 15 00:57:40 1999 - ZDoom is my fav... ZDoom is my favorite Doom port.... i run almost all wads on it!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Being a Dos/command line nut, one of my favorite parts of it is obvously the console. It's got the best one I've ever seen in any of the Doom ports, and follows the Quake design well Note to Randy: Hurry up with the Dos version, and free some of us from the (Bill) Gates of hell! :) ---Balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest Comanche

I Use ZDooM almost exclusively. It is great for playing friends on the internet through the ICQ network. It may slow it down a bit but the Cajun Bots throw in a little extra fun to. I do have to wonder if anyone else has a problem with the ugrades ever since v1.18b giving a paramater error? I overcome this problem by copying my old zdoom.cfg into the new zdoom folder, but you shouldn't really haft to do this. Any One?