Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Guest Nimey

Doom II Map 24 is a favorite for deathmatch - I like strategy and ambush more than the "standard" DM style. Map03 is fun, and so are E1M5, Map15, and Map16. BTW - does anyone else think that the SS troopers in Maps 31 and 32 sound like Kermit the Frog?

Guest Anonymous User

For some reason, Gauntlet (map 03 I believe) in Doom 2 was incredible for Deathmatch. The open areas on either side, the secret backdoors, the plethora of ugly, ugly spots to shoot from. It all rocked. My first deathmatch wad included a slightly revamped copy of gauntlet ripped right out of the main wad. The one time I took it out all my DM buddies bitched until it was back.

I used your names in title to grab your attention. For the worst map I have to agree with Matt Dixon (hi!) on E4M5 by Willits. This map is not on par with any map by him or the doom team. For final doom I liked Human BBQ also...that map wasn't so bad Matt...I disagree with Niptlar 1 + 4 were better then 2 + 3. Atmosphere was better...which is more important to me. My favorite doom1 map is probably e1m4 and doom2 is map 17 tenements - great for coop. BTW Cappellen - What Happened to maps 26 -30 of dfear* aka dfear6.wad? -anthony

I used your names in title to grab your attention. For the worst map I have to agree with Matt Dixon (hi!) on E4M5 by Willits. This map is not on par with any map by him or the doom team. For final doom I liked Human BBQ also...that map wasn't so bad Matt...I disagree with Niptlar 1 + 4 were better then 2 + 3. Atmosphere was better...which is more important to me. My favorite doom1 map is probably e1m4 and doom2 is map 17 tenements - great for coop. BTW Capellen - What Happened to maps 26 -30 of dfear* aka dfear6.wad? -anthony

Guest Nerd

Map 31 id the best. I just loves the SS trooper.

Well, since someone asked ... it should be out for Christmas. Four of the five maps are done and the last has been started.

Guest Radtard

I really like the Gauntlet, and The Abondoned Mines, and the map 31, that Wolf3d map, was cool for deathmatch, too.

Guest Anonymous User

I used to have a copy of the original DOOM and i can't remember exactly which number the level was, I think it was E2M6 which was called "Halls of the Damned" and for DOOM2 I think map 27 "Monster Condo" is the best

Guest Mattrim.

DOOM's episode 1 served as my introduction to the game way back in late '93, and it's inspired some of the best episodes ever released (particularily Sean Birkel's 01FAVA.ZIP and Jan van der Veken's DODEAD.ZIP). I thoroughly enjoy it. E2M7 and E3M9 have special places in my heart, too. Episode 4, with the exception of E4M5, is terrific. DOOM2...Romero's MAP17 is the cream of the crop, in my eyes, followed closely by two other Romero maps, MAP26 and MAP29. American McGee's MAP02 is wonderful, too...that map, along with McGee's IDMAP01.ZIP, inspired me more than you can imagine. Final DOOM's Evilution does have a few maps in that I do enjoy. MAP28 and MAP32 are both wonderful. Final DOOM's Plutonia Experiment, on the other hand, can do no wrong. Sadistic, atmospheric, melancholic...and fair. Just how I like it. This where it's at. If you have not played The Plutonia Experiment, you are sorely missing out. ...and as for DFEAR6: wasn't it used as filler in Requiem?

Guest E1ghtball

E1m5? "the computer station" really kicked ass! Map17.. although DooM ][ didn't really "do it" for me exept for DM But c'mon... E1M1... hangar.. the music... the blue carpet!... the First DooM map that we saw after getting the shareware. and it made for really qool 1on1 DM. :)

Guest Risen

I have to agree - E1 is the best I've played. Few other levels compare to E1M2-E1M7, E1M9. (I'm not one for E1M1 as much, and E1M8 is meant as a boss level. It does it's job well, but architecture is only moderate and it isn't a good DM.) I'd much rather DM an E1 level (except 1 and 8) over any of DOOM2. Only the best TCs can compare to my E1 experience in gaming.

Personally, I think E2 and E4 are best, although they both had levels that suck (E2M2 and E4M5). The best two Doom levels for me were E2M2 and E4M7 (the John Anderson one). E4 was the first real example of gothic style levels too :)

Guest FyrestormX

doom is 1337, frads!

Would probably be E1M3 because it was the best gateway to a sercert level there ever was, E1M5 because it had some really trippy secrets, E1M7 because it was so huge and it had so many different ways to go. Those are my favs

Guest Youta X

Knee Deep in The Dead Has to be the best doom levels IMHO. Every thing about them really worked well and still holds up now. Doom2 had a few good maps (map03,06 and 31 but just dont hold my intrest like doom1

Guest Anonymous User

The answer is simple... dead simple!

Guest DustBunny

I think I've said this before but that is a FUN level... the music rules, it looks like a prison (I love that sorta thing), and, the best part is that fight between Cyber and Spidey! Fuuuun! Oh, and a situation where you fight an Archy and there's not much room to hide... mu-hu-wa-hahaha...

Guest Wisp

In my opinion, nothing can compare to e1m1. This has always been my favorite level, in both single player and deathmatch. It simply *has it*. Nothing has left such a mark on me.

Guest Anonymous User

That's right. Chasm. WTF? In it's time it was as good a technological achievement as Unreal is now. It doesn't make sense -- I played the game, and it's all polygonal AND runs on my lousy 486. It was fun, too. Tough, but fun. I've gotta say it goes hand in hand with DooM as the best 3d shooter out there. But for some weird reason it's not well known. Oh well. Life's not fair anyway.

Guest Anonymous User

Why does everyone hate this map? i found its theme and design quite good. It made good use of altitudes, and although i havent pplayed it multiplayer it looks like it would play awesome. My worst map though (yes i know, this is the best maps comment thing) is Industrial Zone for DOOM II, Big boring and frustrating. I mentioned before, E1m9 and E2M1 are the best

Guest Anonymous User

the best level by far is episode 1 level..uh..8 i think..the penmtagram with the barons of hel...fuckign scared he hell outta me first time i played the level back in 7th grade..and the music...LOVE the slow erie music..

Guest Anonymous User

Why doesnt anyone like episode 3 The best map has to be Episode Three, map 2(i think). THe one with the map that looks like a hand. I just rocks this level!!!

Guest Anonymous User

Why doesnt anyone like episode 3 The best map has to be Episode Three, map 2(i think). THe one with the map that looks like a hand. I just rocks this level!!!

Guest Anonymous User

My faves are, of course, map13 and e1l1. Map13 was the first urban-type level I ever played in a game, period, and e1l1 was of course, the very first level of Doom...it really scared the hell out of me when I first played it :p

Guest Anonymous User

Any level from the first episode of Doom (Knee Deep in the Dead). I had my first Dooming expierances on those shareware levels, and each time I play them I can't help but remember all the deathmatching fun I had.

Guest Anonymous User

Any level from the first episode of Doom (Knee Deep in the Dead). I had my first Dooming expierances on those shareware levels, and each time I play them I can't help but remember all the deathmatching fun I had.

Guest Anonymous User

Of doom 1 the first episode was the best. In Doom 2 my Fav. map would have to be Map 23 "Barrels of Fun" that level kicked ass.

Guest docbob

In Doom2 at least half the levels are awesome... my single-player faves are 13 (Downtown), 15 (The Industrial Zone), 17 (The Tenements), 20 (Gotcha!), 26 (The Abandoned Mines) and 29 (The Living End)... but my favorite for sheer fun has got to be level 11 ("O" of Destruction).

Guest Karlo

I agree, Chasm is a great game, not as good as Doom but at least as good as Rise Of The Triad.

/Karl-Oscar Olson