Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

More Doom2000 Rumors

Guest Anonymous User

Romero did storyline , ideas , engine programming , textures and all sorts of shit he was the one directing the team doom principally comes from HIS brain , with a few ideas from other team members he judged good to go in thats what he did if it werent for romero doom wud not be as fucking brilliant as it is

Guest Anonymous User

I think Doom 3 would be a good seller because it will bring back memories of playing doom and yet it will be much more technologically advanced and fun. But when ID worked on Doom64....it sucked!! i mean, geez, 1 player, the guns are messed up now, and the monsters all look like they have something up their ass. Hopefully, if they do make another doom, dont do it like Doom64

Guest EMC

The way you do Doom2k with Quake3 engine is thus: make two model sets. The first one will be relatively low-polygon models. The second set will be hi-poly for those with MHz to spare. Retaining Q3A's other performance tweaks, it shouldn't be impossible to get the hordes we remember so well without feeling like we're trying to run it on a 486. :D

id said in an interview recently that their next game will definitely utilize skeletal modeling and level-of-detail.

Guest Anonymous User

Doom 2 was a letdown after Doom (city maps... uggh), Quake was a big letdown after that, Quake 2 was a bit letdown still (the most bland monsters ever. Yay!). If id makes a Doom 2000, I would be shocked if they managed to make something other than a thin shadow of the original. Carmack is more or less the only team member still around from Doom, and he's definitely proven to me that Romero was the one who knew how to make interesting monsters and weapons.

Guest Anonymous User

Yes, I know that may be next to impossible, but I don't want to see another 'production line' shooter with the name Doom slapped on it. It would be interesting if they combined some of the unused ideas in the Doom bible, with both a well thought out and well designed SP (the haunting atmosphere of the original Doom is a must), as well as the huge CO-OP mode the was suggested a couple times on this board. (I wonder if ID is taking suggestions from this site :) --Balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest Anonymous User

I think one of the biggest problems IMHO with Quake(1,2,3) is it's interface. In the interview Carmack mentioned that he liked keeping it simple... Doom is point and kill. Player movement is quick and precise. I think that in quake's quest for a more 'realistic' sort of gameplay they killed alot of the intuitiveness of Doom. It feels sloppy somehow compared to Doom. I can see Doom2000 working with the Q3A engine, hell by next year I may have 1.5ghz chip. I don't think engine speed or graphics has anything to do with why Doom is so awesome. It's the gameplay. It may look fast on the map, but it FEELS like running speed. That's what counts, not FPS. *gets off soapbox*

Guest Anonymous User

first of all i think theres no way it would come out in 2000. secondly i think the quake 3 engine would be wonderful for giving us the doom world. theres some crazy organic looking stuff in q3, hell would have never looked better. and i agree that multiplayer stuff is important, only a fool would deny that now, but seriously doom was one of the (if not the) first games to even offer deathmatch. the doom experience was all about single player. it was. thats why everybody liked halflife so much, because since doom, there havent been any games that provided that much of an exciting on the edge of the seat gaming experience. single player was the whole doom angle, we've lost contact... theres no suvivors... its just you trying to do as much as you can to give the demons some fuckin payback, and just maybe, maybe youll live to tell about it. but it was all up to you, all by yourself. i think the idea of a coop game is cool, but thats a whole different game, not doom. and id like to see romero in on it too, i mean he was a BIG part of what doom is, regardless of whether or not ion storm flounders. everyone thinks that just because he did so well with id, that he must have done something horrible to keep ion storm from being the company to beat. but you know, a few months ago doomworld posted his b-day, and i emailed him to tell him congrats and how much i appriciate his efforts past and present, and the man actually wrote me back. that was one of the single coolest moments in my life, and its not like he doesnt have a full schedule and a load of good reasons not to write back. i say, iD, do the job we know you can and bring it on!!! i want it bad. one more thing... dont hire an recording artist to do the soundtrack, i'd love to hear some of those old doom tunes playin at cd quality, as well as some new stuff. i want bobby prince ! :)

Guest Anonymous User

DOOM SUX!!! ID SUX!!! U ALL SUX!!! FUCKIN NIGGAHZ!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Karlo

Well, the Doom books did not have a good last chapter...;-)