Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Doom In Text Form

Scott Warner sent along a link to a version of Doom in text form, called Foom. Foom makes use of the 'Text Adventure Development System', or TADS for short. Judging from screenshots (or should I say, quotes) it contains moody descriptions of the original "Knee-Deep In The Dead" episode as well as your adversaries. No stinking Grue's though :)

Guest Karlo

That sounds like a cool idea. I gotta check it out.

Guest TheBrain

cmon, generate more levels. Shareware Doom had 9. Don't start that with me...

Guest Anonymous User

<center>
Get a look at those screen shots?<font color="ffff00">

Guest sponge

Have Linux? Have Quake? Have the wanting to get sick? Then try textmode quake. Who needs graphics? That's right, quake with all letters, all ascii letters. A new low indeed. http://webpages.mr.net/bobz/ttyquake/ Why.

This was a sorry excuse for a game. I hope it didn't take long to make this, because it's pathic! I could do a better Ep, and it wouldn't take me too long. I would rather see a DOOM MUSH, MUD, MOO, or even MUX. If you don't know what they mean, then you shouldn't have the Internet at all. Go back to pong. :)

Guest Anonymous User

Most of you are probably too young to have played computer games on computers like Commodore or TRS-80, this is the way computer games were made in those days. I find it boring considering what I'm used to now, but it was fun gaming in it's day.

Guest Anonymous User

I played it yesterday, and thought it was good for laugh.

Guest Karlo

Heh, DonĀ“t get me started talking C64 memories...
I still have my C64 up and running BTW...

Guest Anonymous User

everyone knows dook 1 is dead, but why make more and more that makes it even more stupid. i am mostly agreeing with Test-0, because the thing is just a piece of #%%#

Guest Sir Robin

Dont like it, then dont play it. Like it, then play it. No need for brainless bashing, criticize it all you want but understand that some may like it. Whetever I like it or not is not clear to me yet :)

Guest balanco

Anonymous User - Sunday Dec 19 12:36:29 1999 - You guys are just too spoiled! Most of you are probably too young to have played computer games on computers like Commodore or TRS-80, this is the way computer games were made in those days. I find it boring considering what I'm used to now, but it was fun gaming in it's day. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heh, I still remember being very addicted to Jumpman for the Commodore 64. The graphics were primitive (think early Atari 2600 but a bit more hirez, and allowing a bigger board to fit on the screen). That game is still addicting to this very day! Yes, alot of PC gamers din't play those games when they were new, and therefore many of them can't really appreciate them like some of the older gamers do.