Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Frag That Fanatic

Fanatic wants to know how you guys would feel if he cut QDOOM down from three episodes to only two. Post your comments here, or email Fanatic with your opinion. He also talks about trying to get the Big News Sites to post stuff about his "Fragging Fanatical" CD and talks about the EDGE engine a little bit.

Guest Anonymous User

Someone tell me why people are looking forward to playing Quake single-player in DOOM? It sucked enough ass in Quake.

Guest ViolentEd

I want Qdoom out. I cant wait to be able to edit Quake w/ Linedefs. But Fanatics levels kick major ass. I'd also like to see as many levels as possible by him. I guess 2 episodes would be cool though.

Uh, well, that depends on how many levels each episode has... If each episode has like 8-9 levels then I'd say yeah, go ahead.

Guest ViolentEd

I'm pretty sure it has a start map, and three episodes w/ three levels.

Guest Anonymous User

The quicker the better

Guest pagb666

Damn! If it rocks so much, why is him him cutting it? We want more 3D amazing levels

Guest Fanatic

To "Anonymous User":

It's not Quake single player. It's Quake monsters with Quake sounds, textures, and weapons, but with my style of mapping. If you didn't like Quake single player, sorry. Most people liked it. And why don't you open an account so we can email you personally about comments like this?

Basically the layout for QDOOM's maps is this: <blockquote> -start map 1
-episode 1: three maps
-start map 2 (different entrance, just like Quake's)
-episode 2: three maps
-start map 3 (different entrance, just like Quake's)
-episode 3: three maps
-start map 4, or a special exit from the last map of episode 3 (I haven't decided yet)
-final showdown map </blockquote> Right now I'm about 50% done with the last map of the second episode.

I found out this morning that due to work schedules and holiday stuff, that the next internal/not public release of the EDGE engine I'm using for QDOOM won't be ready until possibly February 2000. So obviously this gives a headache to me and the public that's waiting for it to be released, because I was aiming for an end of January release, but, it also gives me time to relax and do the rest of it right. Hell, if nothing else, I can take a break from the single player stuff and make a slew of death match oriented maps. It would be nice to have some 3D-ish stuff that is designed for speed more than looks. I have some pretty outrageous looking 3D areas in all my maps now, but they are a huge drag on the system (it won't be as bad when the 3D mode it optimized properly tho).

But at this time, I've decided to keep going and complete all three episodes.

Guest overkill777

Personally, I'd rather wait a while longer for the extra episode, but I'd still download it right away after it's release even with 2 episodes.

Guest Anonymous User

Most people liked it? Most dumbasses liked it. 'Cause only a dumbass would find it enjoyable. The Quake monsters, sounds, and weapons sucked ass, too...that's why the gameplay of Quake SUCKED! Why is everyone so intent on making levels that look like it came out of someone's ass? Securitron, QDoom...gah...stop with the fucking brown shit!

Heh anonymous users don't have opinions anyway because they are too scared to reveal their identity.

Guest Anonymous User

Well, or it could be that we're too lazy to create an account. :) Maybe the board should show hostnames, like the Shugashack ones do?

Man, I wanna play QDooM!!!!! I think you should release the first two episodes and later the third one, if you like to!

Guest Snodgrass

I personally thought quake kicked arse, and the brown textures and sprites and shtuff give it a darker atmosphere which just makes everything seem cooler. What would it be like walking through bright greens and blues constantly? That would kill the feeling.But to the point of QDOOM, I would deffinately preffer the extra wait for another episode to having only two.

Guest bowzer

i agree with Tarin. I think that he should release the first 2, then the 3rd. i tired of waiting for it, but it will be worth it!:)

Guest Anonymous User

Quake sux. Why even bother?

Guest Fanatic

Anonymous, would you like me to stop making QDOOM and cancel it, since as you say, Quake and QDOOM both suck so much?

Maybe that's what I'll do, you have helped me to see the light.

Guest DW-Steve

Size matters squat. That Tau Ceti wad was only, what? four levels? but it was SOOO good because it had scripted sequences, a storyline, and hub based levels - all integrated well of course. if i had the choice between even ONE featured-integrated episode and three 'normal', hit the button, get a key, kill things, big boss at the end, etc, episodes, i'd choose the one anyday

Guest Daggah

Giving in to the words of some Anonymous User? That would truly be pathetic. I'm not personally looking forward to QDoom, but damn dude, just because one or two people don't like it is no reason to stop.

Guest balanco

I wouldn't mind if he released it with only 2 episodes as long as they are complete, but I don't think he should scrap the 3rd one. Maybe he can release the episodes the same way Operation Rheingold was/is being released. I can't wait to see the Doom engine with 3d floors :)

Guest balanco

Daggah - Friday Dec 24 23:12:00 1999 - Fanatic, you're a pussy if you do that Giving in to the words of some Anonymous User? That would truly be pathetic. I'm not personally looking forward to QDoom, but damn dude, just because one or two people don't like it is no reason to stop. http://dagger.quakecity.net <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Not to mention that those words (presumably) came from a couple of Doom fans who browsed the site and don't like Quake. This is a bit off subject, but one of the things I hate about closed beta testing is that often it's a select few beta testers that help determine whether a project lives or dies. Another project got scrapped a couple months ago that was simaler to Doom Rally because some people didn't like it (I think one of the reasons because the maps were huge and detailed. Probaly slowed down their 'puters). However, I never got to try it, and I do like large higly detailed maps. I wish people would forget what the select few in peanut gallery says if they don't like the theme, beta testers or not (but that dosen't mean to ignore them completly, especialy when they have some valuable advice), and finish and release the projects anyway. Hell, if people were to abandon a project, it should still be released, rather than sitting on a hard drive where nobody could ever touch it. Maybe someone else would enjoy it, or even want to continue work on it. With all of the levels and project being made, and only hard core doomers doing level editing for the most part, I don't think you have to fear 10,000 different versions that are simaler to each other being released and watering it down. If you're really concerned about what people think about the project, release a public test version of it so everyone can try it, and offer suggestions and ideas on how it can be improved. Don't ever scrap a project based on what a couple people say.

I think qdoom should be released as any new project like qdoom should be welcomed. I would like to see some of the anon' users make a tc like that themselves!

Guest Anonymous User

I was a bit dissapointed in the SP experience with the original quake. But this doesnt mean all quake levels suck. I have played Scourge of armagon and dissolution of eternity and these add ons were the best SP experience (except halflife) i have had since doom. I think Fanatic can surely improve the original quake. (scourge of armagon had a one of the greatest dm maps too). So Marc please continue your work on Qdoom.

Guest Anonymous User

this account thing fooled me.

Guest Anonymous User

I'm already waiting so long for the release of qdoom so just release it.

Steve: it was called Tei Tenga and I hated those maps.. just the scripting was cool :) Doomrally was cancelled because the author, Recidivus, stopped working on it because he wasn't satisfied with it or some crap.. I'll never understand that guy... quakesp wasn't that good because I found the weapon/monster balance wasn't too good... too easy... I've before played a map thinking I'm in god mode but I kill every single enemy without a spot of my health touched.. and I'm not even trying... anyway, I'm looking forward to qdoom, keep up the good work marc. :)