Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Recidivus

Time To Vote Again

Guest Recidivus

Our good friends over at IGNPC have posted the voting ballot for Action Game of the Millennium. Doom and Doom II are both options, so be sure you drop by and vote for whichever Doom installment you feel best characterizes the series. The voting will end on January 3rd, so be sure to make your voice heard.

Guest Risen

What next? Why doesn't DOOMWORLD put one up? Then we could all vote for DOOM and feel good that at least we won one of them :) We haven't had a 'lost poll' in a long time.

Guest citrus

The obvious choice here is DOOM, not DOOM2... But I wouldn't cry blood if Half-Life won since its a bloody brilliant game.

Guest Xenocide

I put my vote on doom1.. but I think it's dumb how they divided doom and doom2, but not quake/quake2/quake3.. inconsistent bitch. And what's the deal with wolf3d being above doom2? That game sucked real bad.. even when it came out it wasn't very impressive. Raptor was cooler.

Guest ricrob

hell, it's all good people..

I always found Wolfenstein interesting, and I've been waiting for a newer version for some time now. Yes, the game sucked, but it was the first of it's type. What do you expect?

Guest Xenocide

Was wolf3d really the first FPS? I remember my cousin showing me this weird game a long long time ago where you are on an island with zombies.. and it was real shitty.. and also when you die you take a shotgun to your head and heh.. it was pretty funny.

Guest Recidivus

The very first first-person shooter was called Catacombs 3D. It was developed by id Software and published by Softdisk. It was the first in a trilogy which also included Catacombs Abyss and Catacombs Apocalypse. They are indeed very difficult to find.

Guest GordonFreeman

VOTE HAFE-LIFE! Not........... DooM 2 is crap compared to 1.

Guest Elviele

I know millions of games with a fps view which are not called fps including Catacombs 3d they were made millions of years before Wolf3d and Catacombs 3d..but Wolf3d is the most interesting to me..I can't wait until that guy over at the WolfenDoom page gonna make some progress.I think moving very old games to more advanced engines is a good idea it can make fans of those games very impatiant..

Guest balanco

Hyena - Tuesday Dec 28 18:21:18 1999 - In response to Xenocide I always found Wolfenstein interesting, and I've been waiting for a newer version for some time now. Yes, the game sucked, but it was the first of it's type. What do you expect? Hyena >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I was just playing the original a couple hours ago :) The game isn't bad, and it does have some weird secret levels (a maze with complete Pacman ghosts on level 10, episode 2 I beleive, is one example), but yes, it is much less andvanced than Doom, and pretty repetitive. Still, I have gotten hours and hours of enjoyment out of it.

Guest mystican

....but gordon freeman posting to a doomworld comment board just takes the cake. :)

Guest Daggah

Hell...they look like they're still in Wolfenstein...I've never seen so many flat levels with 90 degree walls in my life!