Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Recidivus

Romero Takes 5

Guest Recidivus

John Romero himself recently dropped by #doomroom, a visit chronicled by this log. You too can be like John Romero by joining #doomroom via the link to the right. Unfortunately, John's short visit inadvertently delayed Daikatana to a tentative release date of November 2046 to compete with the forthcoming Quake XXVI. For shame! All work and no play is the only true way.

Okay, John Romero is a Doom celebrity, and the fact that he was on Doomworld chat can be a news item, but how does this make for discussion? Who really is going to post comments relating to this "experience"?

Guest Anonymous User

Damn... I was so looking foreward to the 2022 release date... Romero is a joke in the gaming community. "Q"

Guest Quesenart

Damn... I was so looking foreward to the 2022 release date... Romero is a joke in the gaming community. "Q"

Guest Quesenart

I think we should vote Daikatana as the game of the century, since it will take that long to be released. "Q"

Guest balanco

No matter what the date, it will most likely be released long before Duke Forever :) (Gee, I wonder if desktop and laptop PCs will still exist by the time that game is released :)

Guest Levendis

I have the feeling that Beelzebub will be skiing to work before Daikatana and whatnot are released...

Guest Density

You'd think that Daikatana is been made by four guys!!!, how long does it take to make a 3D FPS game John????

Guest Daggah

After all, that would make 26 crappy Quake games! There's already 3...how many more shitty Quake games is ID Software gonna put us through?

Guest sponge

because it'll most likely be out in 1997, because 1000 years into the future, people will go back in time and release Daikitana 2 years ago. I think I'm confused...

Guest FyrestormX

Romero visited half an hour before i left the channel. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN j000000000000000!!!! uh, sorry. =p

Guest E1ghtball

Romero is da' man... who cares if daik has been delayed we *kmow* it's gonna rock... The comment about the game being made by four ppl isn't really that far from the truth if you think about it... there are probably only four members (if that) of the original crew still involved in the game... I still can't believe that Sverre got fired...

I don't think Sverre was fired from ION Storm.. He left with a group of people under their own will (as in they quit and weren't fired). Anyways, KISS Psycho Circus: Nightmare Child looks like it's going to have great atmosphere and gameplay (the return of dozens of monsters on the screen at once!).