Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWYP Complete

Guest DWYP

Considering its The Doom Wad YELLOW pages, I can't very well make them green, blue, or red :/ . I understand that some may be sensitive to bright colors after playing doom all day : P OK, I'll bend a little Look at the first page........ That Better?

Guest DWYP

It must have been, must have been all that Yellow that Blinded Linguica, Blinded Linguica and he couln't see to type! :P Ha ha ha ha ha.

Guest Anonymous User

ugh.. i found that place was almost impossible to navigate. And that annoying music playing in the background every time you go on the page really pissed me off. And what is with all those links to the id site? Especially the one that urges you to download doom95? hmm.

Guest DWYP

Well if your that supid that you can't use a pull down. Why in the hell are you even on the net! I'm suprized you had brains enough to post your ignorance!

Aha! This disease causing people to want to insult others seems to be spreading digitally!... Fortunately I have Anti-Virus software! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

The yellow can bother someone's eyes, DWYP. Perhaps a darker yellow, but not quite a puse, would work. :) As far as navigating the site, it is basically centralized at the scroll bar; first thing you see when visiting; first thing you see when visiting <I guess the repeating is fun to try once. I just hope it stops soon, hahahaha> :) The music is easily solved by muting sound, or turning down volume. Shouldn't have caused ANGER. LOL. DWYP, try to stay cool. :) "Anonymous #1" was just expressing an opinion. LOL..... AndrewB... No software virus detected. :)

The music is annoying - like one of those musical birthday cards placed in a copy of the yellow pages. Anyway it just makes the site look tacky. Overall a good idea but the design definitely needs improving cuz i couldnt understand the layout either.

Guest DWYP

I want to thank you for all the comments, Helpful or Not. I will apologize for calling the person "Stupid" that posted this comment, "ugh.. i found that place was almost impossible to navigate. And that annoying music playing in the background every time you go on the page really pissed me off. And what is with all those links to the id site? Especially the one that urges you to download doom95? hmm. " But I won't apologize for HIS ignorance. The only other bad (if you can call it that) comment was about the Bright Yellow, this person did not get get flamed for his comment, so why flame the other? For one I can understand how someone could really be sensitive to bright color on a screen you sit so close to. That is something that I feel is a constructive comment that would improve the site for others! This person above on the other hand came across, (In my opinion) as an Agitator! (someone that says something to see the reaction!) well here was the reaction (what I posted) "Well if your that stupid that you can't use a pull down. Why in the hell are you even on the net! I'm suprized you had brains enough to post your ignorance!" Let me just explain my point! 1. The pull down is at the TOP of EVERY page this pull down will take you to every working page at this site! Click the Arrow to open the pull down pick your site Click on go. That is really hard :P 2. Considering it is a MIDI out of Doom, Then Doom must piss him off...... NO, ok then, Do you know how to click on the Stop button so you don't have to listen to it? (most people do) Or, they will turn the sound off on there computer :P 3. Why are there so many links to Id Software, hummm Do I really need to explain why a Doom site has links to the creator of the game? Let alone have a link to area AT ID Software so that (if there are any that don't own it already) people can go buy Doom :P Need I say more....

Guest DWYP

After Fraggle said he had trouble, I did find some things that might be confusing, So, I made some changes to help that. I took the Midi off All the pages but the home page! (the midis were never on the Site pages!) If you still have problems getting around the site now I don't what to tell ya! The color is toned down on all but the Site pages. This will be done as I have Time! I'm outa here.

I'm glad you've decided to take the midi out because it was really dumb, i mean I found that i'd be clicking stop only to have it start up again when I went to another page on the site. As for the id software links, yeah, they probably need toning down a bit as there do seem to be hundreds of them, I mean Doom _is_ a game by id, but that doesnt mean we all have to include hundreds of adverts for their stuff on our sites. Plus it has signs advertising doom95 which is really dumb because doom95 really sucks when compared to modern doom ports. Also you might want to add a few more doom sites in the list, perhaps go back through some of the news archives in doomworld, doomnation etc. Most of the sites there are about people i've never heard of.